twenty-six.

(Y/n) leaned against the railing on Bakugo's bed, watching as he slept off his injuries in Recovery Girl's office. Kirishima sat next to her, resting his hands in his lap as he waited with her for his friend to wake back up.

Mr. Aizawa leaned against the door, simply remaining outside the situation. (Y/n) couldn't help but think back to when she finally confessed everything about her quirk to him – telling him about the moment she discovered her second form (though he was there for that part) to how her quirk was continuously expanding. The most worrying part out of all the information was possibly the last ability she'd gain.

The story about the previous Energy-users losing limbs was certainly something not to be taken lightly. It was just a miracle, or simply Mr. Aizawa being Mr. Aizawa, that he decided not to tell the other instructors what she told him. It truly solidified her trust in him as her teacher.

There was a slight knock at the door, though it didn't mean much as it opened before anyone could do anything. It slid open to reveal Midoriya and Iida, something that somewhat surprised (Y/n) but she knew it shouldn't have been that much of a shock.

"How's Kacchan doing, (Y/n)?" Midoriya asked as he walked up, unnerved by Bakugo's unconscious and bandaged state.

"He's alright. He took a heavy fall but he should make a full recovery in the next couple days," (Y/n) responded, straightening her posture yet keeping a hand on the bar. "Thank you for coming."

"Of course."

Iida pushed up his glasses before crossing his arms across his chest. "I should scold you two for messing around in the courtyard and in the tree, but it appears that the two of you have had enough punishment for the day."

(Y/n) blinked a couple times. "Gee... Thanks, Iida. You're so kind."

"No thanks necessary."

Kirishima shook his head. "Come on, guys. It's been a rough day and it's not very manly to salt the wound, Iida."

"I didn't scold them, though. A good leader knows when to be empathetic and when to be stern."

(Y/n) stood up from her chair and walked over to Midoriya, gently grabbing his arm and pulling him aside. She quietly said to him, "I need to talk to you about why Katsuki and I were out in the courtyard earlier today."

A red tint instantly appeared on his nose and cheeks, quickly spreading to the rest of his face. He looked away, waving his hands at her as he replied, "You really don't have to do that—"

She grabbed his hands, stopping him as she continued, "It's not what you're thinking." She let out a sigh as his face returned to its original color. "There's something I've been hiding from almost everyone and after this, I think it's time I start telling the people I trust the most." Midoriya stared at her with his big green eyes as she led him outside the room. "That includes you, Izuku."

(Y/n) told Midoriya everything

She included more than what she told Mr. Aizawa as she knew he wouldn't tell another soul – especially if she asked him not to. She told him everything about her quirk, divulging into Riki and how all of the previous Energy-users were connected as they were all her ascendents on her mother's side. It was more satisfying and relieving to tell Midoriya all of this than when she told Mr. Aizawa.

Maybe it was because she wanted to tell him.

(Y/n) liked talking about her quirk with Midoriya, not just because she trusted him immensely, but because it was clear that he was loving every second of it. Sure, it was a lot of information at once. But the look on his face as she discussed the mechanics of her quirk and everything she's learned in the past few months was worth it all.

It was clear that he was punching himself over not bringing his notebook. Who could blame him? Even she needed to take notes on everything that's happened – and it was her quirk.

"I knew your quirk was powerful, but wow!" His eyes were practically sparkling. "I had no idea it was so expansive. It reminds me of One for All."

"Yeah, it does." (Y/n) nodded. "At least when you gained Black-Whip, it didn't open a searing wound into your back."

Midoriya cringed. "That's true. But you do remember what happened at the Sport's Festival, right?"

(Y/n) pressed her lips together. Their quirks and the expansions were similar in that they had multiple abilities packed into one quirk (in a way) and their quirks hurt them when used in one way or another. She quickly realized that she should've talked to Midoriya about all of this much, much sooner.

"That is a fair point." She reached out to him, enveloping him in a hug. "Thank you for listening, Izuku. I'm glad I could confide in you."

He hesitated for a brief second before he wrapped his arms around her as well. "Thanks for, you know, coming to me to talk. It's been a while since we last did."

"Yeah. Yeah it has been."

They pulled back from one another just as the door swung open, causing the two to jump. Iida stood in the doorway, quickly stating, "Bakugo's awake." 

"