Chapter 46: Revelations

The following morning, I got up earlier than the guys, so I made some coffee and sat in the corner seat by the dining room table. I surfed the web, specifically looking around at the tabloids to see if any of them had caught wind of Liam's unplanned introduction of Louis and me as a couple during his concert. I didn't see anything and it had been long enough since the concert, so it must have gone unnoticed.

Louis woke up a while later and walked into the dining room, bleary-eyed. He came to kiss me and he went for a peck at first, but then he gave me a little french kiss and commented, "Mmm, coffee..."

"You're gross," I laughed.

"I'm gonna take a shower, and then we'll figure out what to do today, okay?"

"Sure," I called after him, looking back at my laptop.

A few minutes later, I heard a knock on the front door. That was odd. We didn't really know anyone well enough for them to just stop by.

I went to the window and I was surprised to see my father!

I threw open the door and yelled, "Daddy!" He came inside and scooped me into a big hug.

"What brings you to Boston on a Thursday morning?" I asked excitedly.

"Just wanted to see my little girl," he said, smiling.

I reminded him, "I was just home last weekend." I closed the door behind him and asked, "Do you want some coffee? I made it myself."

He raised an eyebrow at me, showing me that he was duly impressed. "That sounds perfect," he answered.

Soon we were back at the dining table with fresh cups of coffee in our hands. That's when my father dropped a bomb on me. 

"How are you and Louis doing?"

I looked at him in stunned silence for several long, uncomfortable moments. Finally, I mustered enough courage to say, "I...I don't know what you mean, Daddy. We told you everything was going fine with the house and everything-"

"Ashten, I know," he said simply, with a bit of a smile on his face.

I panicked a little, but he didn't seem angry. So I jumped right in, "Daddy, I'm so sorry for lying to you. Please forgive me. I know I shouldn't have deceived you."

"Hey," he laughed. "It's all right. I figured it would be easier for you if I just came out and told you I knew, instead of having to figure out how to break the news to me."

"How did you figure it out?" I asked sheepishly.

"Let's see, how did I figure it out?" He mused. "Let's start with the fact that you talked about the new servant all the time and how much he irritated you. But before I knew it, you were best buds and going off to do who knows what with him and your other friends."

"Oh, you knew about that, huh?" I said.

"Of course, I knew. And then there was the fact that you wanted him to move to Boston with you. And let's not forget that you came to me with a rather significant request for Louis' future."

I gave him an embarrassed look.

"But most of all, Sweetie Pie," he said. "I could see it in your eyes."

"I didn't know it was so obvious," I said, stirring my coffee a bit.

"It's good," he said, referring to the coffee. "What was obvious to me was the way you acted with Richard versus the way you acted around Louis. You and Richard were together for years and you never walked away from a date with him, swooning and pining away like you do with Louis."