Epilogue

I swallowed hard as I listened to Louis saying his vows to me once again

I swallowed hard as I listened to Louis saying his vows to me once again. I looked straight into his baby blues and tried not to let my tears brim over. I remember the first time I saw those blue eyes, how distracting they were. I could never have imagined that cocky pool boy would become my husband.

The priest finished and asked me the same set of questions that he had just asked Louis.

"Ashten, do you take Louis for your lawful wedded husband, to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honor, comfort, and cherish him from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto him for as long as you both shall live?"

I looked at Louis and although I'd already vowed myself to him once, I said a very confident, "I do."

After that, I glanced out into the crowd gathered at St. Thomas the Apostle Church in Ann Arbor, as I'd done many times already. Mrs. Tomlinson was dabbing tears out of her eyes. She had already cried so much, I was surprised she wasn't dehydrated.

We finished the ceremony and our family and friends went just a little bit nuts when the priest announced, "Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now my pleasure to introduce to you Mr. and Mrs. Louis Tomlinson!"

He kissed me so perfectly that it felt like our first kiss all over again. I'm sure our embrace was a little less church-friendly than the priest would have liked, but I didn't care. I was now very officially Louis' wife and I was thrilled beyond words.

After the recessional, we waited outside to greet our guests, along with our bridesmaids and groomsmen. Veronica was my maid of honor, and Colum was Louis' best man. Also standing up with us were Danielle, Carly, Zayn, and Liam. Mimi and Izzy were our flower girl and ring bearer.

Friends and relatives filtered through the line for what seemed like a very long time. Most of them were Louis' family members, distant and close. My friend Jacqueline had made the trip to Michigan, as well as Coral and Jennica who had finally made it official that they were together. I never saw Madelyn Kennedy after last year, but I almost wished we'd run into her again so I could make it clear that she wasn't invited to my wedding.

Louis' grandparents came through the line, and his tiny little grandmother grabbed my hand and stroked it saying, "Now's the fun part."

I looked at Louis with a giant question mark on my face – was she really talking about the wedding night?

Louis had to hold back his laughter as he said, "Grandma, you're embarrassing my wife!" I could tell he liked saying that out loud and in public.