Chapter 57: The Big Day

The next morning, I got up super early, my whole body buzzing with excitement. I took a long, hot shower, taking extra care to clean and shave and scrub everywhere.

When I went to get dressed, I stood in front of my closet, wearing only a towel. What on earth should I wear for such an event? It's not like I had a wedding gown lying around somewhere. Now that we were going to plan a big wedding, the idea of shopping for my wedding dress with my friends excited the hell out of me.

But for today, what should I wear?

"Can't decide?" I heard Louis' voice next to me.

"Hey," I laughed. "You're not supposed to see the bride before the wedding."

"I'm driving us there, and I can't very well do that with my eyes closed," he shot back with a smirk.

I turned to face him, grabbing his hands and holding them between us. "We're really doing this?" I asked, scanning his face for any sign of doubt.

"We're really doing this," he replied. His eyes held such sincerity.

"Then what should I wear?" I laughed.

Then my cheeky boyfriend/fiance and soon-to-be husband whispered in my ear, "It doesn't matter because you won't be wearing it long anyway." The idea sent a thrilling jolt through my body.

He turned and walked out, but he stopped in the hallway. "Don't forget to pack a bag," he reminded me.

We had stayed up far too late last night, making plans for today. We registered online to stay at a world-renowned historic inn in the heart of Boston for a few days.

"It's already done!" I called back.

I finally decided on just the dress. I'd had it for two winters, so it was becoming outdated, but it was one of my favorites. I'm sure that I had bought it to go to some grand affair with Richard. It was a simple ivory dress with gold beadwork across the wide waist sash. It was topped off by a cape with fur trim.

It seemed perfect to wear something that Richard would never remember, but that Louis would never forget.

I did my hair in a loose updo, leaving wispy tendrils to frame my face. When I was finished with my make up, I went to find Louis.

I stopped when I saw him in the kitchen, talking to Niall. He turned to face me and our expressions mimicked those of Harry and Carly when they first laid eyes on each other. Louis was dressed in a blue suit with just a hint of a silky texture. He had a crisp white shirt underneath and no tie, but he still looked incredible.

Our eyes were transfixed on each other, and then at the same time, we both said, "You look amazing."

Niall laughed and then remarked, "You two must be heading out for something special."