15: Shenanigans

Breakfast went by in a blur. We were curled up on the couch, still in our pajamas with our mugs of coffee, when Dmitri joined us. Giving Dmitri a quick kiss, instead of sitting as a decoration today, I sat in the chair beside him. It was mostly a repeat of lunch from the day before. The twins held a conversation about contracts with vendors, while I tried to ignore the hand caressing my thigh so I could navigate food into my mouth. Afterwards Sophie bounced off to get dressed for her busy day and I was guided by a hand on the small of my back across the hall to his suite.

I couldn't remember the last time I felt this anxious. My heart was racing so fast, I thought that it would pound its way out through my chest. I had no clue where the day would lead after the last day I'd spent with him. He did seem to be in an exceptionally good mood today. He was humming as he closed the doors of his suite behind us. Even his smile seemed brighter than usual, happy instead of smug. I didn't trust it. He didn't order me out of my clothes the moment we were alone. He didn't instruct me to do anything, leaving me to stand there while he sat in the large armchair nearest to his office.

The silk nightgown I wore was short on me, barely covering my backside. It was the reason I decided to pair it with lacey boy short panties. The bottoms of my cheeks were still bare, but you could only really tell if I bent over. He didn't mention anything about my hair being braided either. I didn't see a reason for him to stare at me like he was with a goofy grin plastered on his face. But he just sat there not saying anything.

Was he waiting for me to do or say something? "Not that I'm complaining," and I really wasn't, "are you planning to just sit and stare at me all day?"

"Hmm," he rubbed his chin thoughtfully, the smile never faltering. Settling back and relaxing in the chair, his lips curled up higher while his eyes twinkled with amusement, "Patience my pet, we're waiting."

"Waiting?" the skepticism was heavy in my tone. I flopped down into the corner of the sofa furthest from him, definitely not trusting this turn of events. Sighing loudly, I crossed my arms over my chest, "Waiting for what?"

"It's almost 9," he tapped his watch, grinning like there was a secret that only he knew about.

"And...?" I shrugged, surprising myself with how annoyed I sounded.

He laughed, "Candice is about to report to Sophie and Nate." Seeing my frown, he added, "I'm curious to see how long they actually manage to get along today." He continued to smile, eying his watch.

It hadn't even been ten minutes before an agitated knock thumped at the door. He suppressed a chuckle and tapped his nose. Sure enough, the scent of sugar wafted towards me from under the door. "Would you like to have a little fun with this," he whispered and crooked his finger in a come here motion.

Before I had a chance to think better of it, I had walked over to him, straddling across his lap. His hands immediately moved to cup my ass suggestively as another knock pounded on the door. "What is the issue already?" he growled, sounding annoyed as he smiled up at me.

Scrunching his face into a scowl he called out after a third knock, "Come in."

"She is refusing to let me in her rooms until I change clothes!" Candy stomped her foot like a child throwing a tantrum as she marched into the room, stopping short. I assumed it was because she saw us; I had to twist around in his grasp to actually see her. I tried my best to look as annoyed as he did. She was wearing less clothing than I was, with her boobs pushed up under her chin, and her ass suggestively visible. I half expected the tube dress to either roll down under her boobs or up over her hips at any moment.