67: Mine

I found myself breathless, with my face smashed into the mattress. Struggling, I sucked in a breath to cope with the burn that radiated across my stinging buttocks, as his hand connected to shove my whole body forward; sliding me off of his expended member. The sudden emptiness made me acutely aware of the dull ache throbbing between my legs. My legs felt like limp noodles, not responding to my attempts to stand or at least roll over onto my side.

"Haven't you had your fill yet?" he practically snarled. My endeavors to assure him it was only me now died as muffles into the bed. The sound slap on my ass ripped a sharp cry from my throat.

'It's me! It's me! It's me!' the words screamed through my mind as I cried them into the duvet smothering me.

In a flash, I found myself cradled awkwardly against his chest, flinching as the bedding rubbed against my raw backside. "I'm sorry," he breathed against my lips between frantic kisses. "Fuck! I'm so sorry! When? Fuck! How long? I'm sorry," his guilt was tearing my heart out.

"Dmitri," I tried to keep my voice soft, "Stop it, I'm fine..." he jostled me, trying to hold me closer making all my bruised bits protest, "I'll be fine. But not if you squeeze me to pieces." His arms relaxed slightly, and he studied my face. "My arms," I tried to shrug, but only succeeded in arching my back, "and maybe a shower. I feel a little dirty now."

Scooping me up, he carried me into the bathroom. He helped me find my balance after setting me down on my own feet, before moving behind me to undo the rope that bound my forearms together. I found myself watching the reflection in the mirror, fascinated with the way we looked together. His dark features versus my lighter ones.

His blue eyes met my green ones in the mirror as he tossed the rope aside to wrap his arms around my waist. I crossed my arms and rested my hands over his, staring at each other for a long time. I couldn't help but wonder what his eyes saw. Did I still a glow as he held me in his strong tanned arms? There seemed to be an air of awe about his gaze. I decided that I didn't really want to know. If I let myself think about it too much I would worry that his feelings for me had changed, even though I knew that it was what his wolf had always seen.

"Shower?" my voice seemed loud, breaking the long silence. "It's just too bad that you don't have a bathtub in here instead."

His lips spread into a smile. Releasing his hold, he slipped the shift down my shoulders, pulling it down until it slid over my hips and pooled on the floor around my feet. Looking in the mirror again to rake his eyes over my body, he frowned. His eyes stopped around my hips and the four small bruises that decorated each side. "Damn it," he growled softly, "how much did I hurt you this time?"

"Honestly," I found myself chuckling. "I might be more jealous than hurt. I didn't get to feel anything until she left. I only got to watch. And," I turned a little to look at the state of my sore behind, more pink than red now, "I'm pretty sure the effects are already fading." Even the bruises from his grip were more yellowish than purple."

"That's not the point Selene," his tone and face were very serious, and I frowned at the use of my name instead of calling me "Princess" like he usually did. "I feel like I was goaded into hurting you, again..." his voice trailed off.

The swirl of anger and guilt he felt was starting to piss me off just a bit. I spun around to face him. "I am not some fragile porcelain doll," I hissed at him, gently shoving my hands on his chest to make him take a step back. "I will let you know when and if you've hurt me," I pushed him back again as I stepped towards him, his eyes getting wide. "I'm getting more than a little tired of you acting like you're afraid to break me!" I gave him another push, making him step into the shower, "Now start the damn water so I can take the shower I asked for."