Chapter 4

Flashback

Flashback...

Olivia, Magnus's wife had just given birth to a beautiful baby girl in the middle of the night. Magnus held his baby girl in his arms and
smiled seeing how small and fragile she was.
"She looks like you, Olivia" comments Aiden.
"She is so small. I had forgotten how tiny these are" says Christine.
"These? That's your grandchild" says Aiden.
"It's still tiny," says Christine unbothered by Aiden for the first time in years.

Christine and Aiden leave the hospital after promising to come back in the morning. Magnus stayed back for a few minutes but left saying he will be back.
When will he be back? Olivia didn't dare ask.
Olivia looks at her baby girl and busts out crying. Magnus was manipulative and controlling and his sexual games were leaving Olivia physically drained. She didn't want to live with Magnus, especially with her child.

With a lot of difficulties, Oliver stands up from the bed and picks up her baby. She holds her close and starts to leave. She stops when she spots Magnus at the threshold.

"Where are you going?" Asks Magnus walking in.
"Please Magnus. I promise you will never hear from me. Please let me go" cries, Olivia.
"You are not going anywhere. Not with my child" says Magnus and tries to take the baby from Olivia.
"No, please let me go" cries Olivia and struggles to hold the baby close but she was no match for Magnus.
Magnus takes the baby in his arms and pushes Oliver to put a little distance between her and the crying baby.
Magnus tries to cool the baby down from crying and it somehow works. The baby stops crying from a little bounce.

"See Olivia. My baby is obedient already. She knows her father like discipline" says Magnus adoring his daughter. He turns his head towards Olivia and had wide eyes seeing her laying on the floor in a pool of her own blood.
"Olivia" calls Magnus but Olivia did not move a muscle.

Magnus held his baby in his arms as family and friends approached him to express their condolences at Olivia's funeral.
"She died at childbirth," said Christine to all the guests.
Asher, the chief of police. Christine, a reputed criminal lawyer covered their only son's crime at ease. But Magnus knew what he had done.

Flashback ends.

"It was an accident" whispers Magnus to himself and closes his eyes for the night. The whole day was way too eventful for Magnus and he wished a little sleep would relax him.

Magnus was almost asleep when he felt a tiny body next to him. He pulls Penny close and she snuggles on his chest. He kisses her forehead and holds the one thing he hoped to never lose.

The next day, Penny insisted on coming with Magnus to meet Aiden.
"You want to meet Genelia, don't you?" Asks Magnus.
"It's the same. Please daddy" says Penny with puppy eyes to which the big bad wolf couldn't say no. But it was not easy to take her with him. He was challenged with a dreadful task.
To get Penny dressed and the worst part was making her hair.