Chapter 30

Penny woke up two days after her fall and right next to her was Daisy waiting impatiently. Daisy busts out crying when Penny wakes up and sobs "don't leave me, please. I love you so much"

Penny was discharged from the hospital with a broken arm, fractured leg, a few stitches on her forehead, and a nurse to monitor her 24/7 for a few days.

Magnus was busy with the cops to arrest many people who were involved in human trafficking and was able to free a lot of minors. But his work was not complete till he found Raffaele.

Raffaele was no where to be found. Given no one liked him and he had no friends. It should have been impossible for him to hide especially wounded. But seems he had some kind of magic power of invisibility. Magnus knew he couldn't have gone far but he surely was good at hiding in plain sight.

Like every day for the past three months, Daisy was in Penny's room. She was feeding Penny her dessert after dinner.
"Why can't I remember what happened?" Asks Penny.
"The doctor said your brain erased the memory of the trauma," says Daisy.
"It can do that? Man, it should stop doing that. No wonder I can't remember where I put my things. My brain must be erasing it too" says Penny.
"Maybe" giggles Daisy.
"Where is Raffaele?" Asks Daisy.
"He is dead," says Daisy.
"How?" Asks Penny.
"Just died," says Daisy and looks away and continues, "I think your father is back" and rushes out of the room avoiding talking about Raffaele.

Penny couldn't remember the night Raffaele threw her out of the window. So Magnus decided to not discuss events that Penny didn't remember including time spent with Raffaele.

Penny looks in the corner and sees the nurse typing on the phone and smiling.
"You been smiling a lot," says Penny.
"Yeah, I met this guy a few days back and I think I am in love," says the nurse.
"I don't care," says Penny who covers herself and goes to sleep.

Daisy was seated on the floor near the couch in the living room waiting for Magnus to return. Daisy and Penny returned to Magnus's house under full security. Aiden and Genelia were on maternity leave. They were blessed with a baby boy and they named him, Calvin.

Daisy had dozed off while waiting for Magnus. She was woken with a soft touch on her cheek. She smiles but doesn't open her eyes. She was waiting for a kiss on her lips and Magnus's voice commanding her to open her eyes. But her kiss never came. She waited for a few minutes but nothing. She opens her eyes and sees no one. She creases her eyes and then hears someone walking in the house. She turns to see Magnus.

Magnus walks into the house and smiles seeing Daisy waiting for him like a good girl. But he stops smiling when he sees her confused.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"I thought I felt you caress my cheek," says Daisy and runs her fingers on her cheek.
Magnus gets alerted and walks to check on Penny. He walks in and sees the nurse on her chair, shocked to see Magnus.
Magnus looks around and asks the nurse "if you feel anything suspicious. Call security"
The nurse nods and he leaves the room.

"What's wrong?" Asks Daisy confused to look at Magnus so worried.
"Just being cautious," says Magnus.
"No one can hurt us anymore. He is dead" says Daisy and Magnus nod with a smile. He pulls her close and asks "how are my babies?" And runs his hand over her belly.
"Fine" smiles Daisy.
"Did you eat dinner?" Asks Magnus.
"I ate half. Another half I'll eat it with you" says Daisy.
"Are you hungry now?" Asks Magnus.
"No," says Daisy.
"Good. Cause right now, I am hungry for you" says Magnus and pulls Daisy to their room. Daisy giggles and follows behind Magnus but instinctively looks towards Penny's room. She felt a shiver but didn't know why.

The nurse was watching the door of the room shut by Magnus and exhales in relief. She gasps when she feels two hands circle her waist from behind her.
"I was so frightened when he walked in without knocking. What if he saw you?" Asks the nurse.
"So what if he did? I am not afraid of him" says the man hugging the nurse from behind.
"I would be fired and you would be in jail for disguising as a guard and breaching security," says the nurse.
"But I wanted to see you. The two times we met at the drug store, I think I am in love" says the man.
"I love you too. It's so easy to love you. You are so caring, loving, and handsome" says the nurse and turns to see the man.
"Yes I am amazing," says the charming man with his ever-so-charming smile.
"I love you, Raffaele," says the nurse and hugs him.

"I am very lovable. I got a surprise for you" says Raffaele and hands her a box. She opens the box with a smile and creases her eyebrows when she sees a knife in it.
"A knife?" Asks the nurse.
"Yes, it's for your neck," says Raffaele, picking up the knife and in one quick motion, slits her throat.

The nurse was too stunned to scream. She holds her throat and falls to the floor. She was about to scream when Raffaele straddles her body and covers her mouth to suffocate her to her death. The nurse's body was jerking as she struggled to die.

"What's happening?" Asks Penny rubbing her eyes, waking up from her sleep. She looks forward and sees Raffaele on the floor. The room was lightly lit with only a small lamp near her bed.
Raffaele looks down at the lifeless body and when he was certain she was dead, he gets off her and walks close to Penny. He sits on the edge of the bed and says "hi"
"Hi. Daisy said you are dead" says Penny with creased eyebrows and a confused look.
"She is a liar. Big fat liar. Look at me, I am alive, baby" says Raffaele and spread his arms wide making a grand gesture. Penny giggles and Raffaele says "I bet she said she loves you too"
"She always does," says Penny.
"Do you believe her? I know you don't because you know she is a liar" says Raffaele trying to manipulate Penny.

Raffaele looks at her and innocently asks "what happened?"
"Idk. I fell I guess. I can't remember" says Penny.
"You don't remember? You don't remember Penny pushing you out of the window as Magnus watched?" Says Raffaele.
"She did?" Asks Penny.
"Yes, she doesn't love you or care for you or want you. Your daddy and Daisy are having a new baby. They don't need you" says Raffaele.
"You are lying," says Penny.
"Why would I? I am your friend. She is a bad person. Look what she did to me" says Raffaele and shows her the bullet wounds.
"She shot me with a gun. Ask her if I am lying" says Raffaele making the innocent little child think.

Raffaele moves forward and holds her face between his hands and makes her look at him.
"I like you, Penny. I do. I want you when you grow up. Wait for me. I have some work to do and when you are ready for me. I'll come to get you. Remember, you are mine and I will take you when you are ready, ok?" Says Raffaele.
"Ok," says Penny.
"Good girl," says Raffaele, and smiles at Penny and tells her to sleep. He runs his fingers in her hair and hums a lullaby of the song 'daisy....'

Raffaele walks out of Penny's room and closes the door. He walks through the corridor to walk out of the house in his security guard's disguise. But he stops when he hears moans. Moans he was too familiar with. He peeks into the room and sees Magnus pounding Daisy, doggy style on the bed. Raffaele watches them for a few minutes with a hard expression till Magnus stops pounding her and removes himself from inside her. She kneels on the bed and wraps her arms around his neck and says "I love you"
"Love you too," says Magnus and kisses her lips.

Raffaele gags seeing their affection and walk away to get out of the house. All the guards were wearing a hat and a mask roaming the perimeter outside the house. Raffaele sneaks out of the house and disappears in the night with a promise to return in time.

After getting into something comfortable for dinner, Magnus and Daisy walk out of the room. They have their dinner and spend some time in each other's arms. When it was time to get to bed, Daisy insisted to check on Penny.
"Come back soon. We have to continue where we left before dinner" says Magnus.
"You not done?" Asks Daisy innocently.
"Never," says Magnus and spanks Daisy's butt making her jump up and giggle.

Magnus enters his room but soon rushes into Penny's room hearing Daisy scream the loudest of screams.
Magnus had wide eyes seeing the nurse's dead body in the pool of her blood. But his heart skips a beat when he sees Penny covered in blood. He picks Penny in his arm and when she opens her eyes, he breathes in relief. Penny was very sleepy so neither the scream nor Magnus holding her woke her up.

Magnus carries Penny to his room and lays her on the bed. He calls the doctor to check on Penny and walks to Penny's room to check on Daisy.
Daisy stood in her place shocked, watching the nurse on the floor.
"Penny is fine," says Magnus.
Daisy looks away from the nurse and looks at Magnus and asks "he isn't dead, is he?"
Before he could answer her, he notices blood running down Daisy's leg. She was bleeding.

...........................
Rest of the story available only at patreon. Link in bio.