Chapter 8

Chapter 8
ROXIE'S POV

Oh my gosh, I finally have a point of view! I beat Denise to it! Thank you, author, I'm totally loving you right now.

So, Lauren and Denise seem familiar, but when did we meet? Lauren mentioned we were classmates. What grade was I in back then? Why can't I remember?

Could it be that I had an accident when I was younger and suffered from amnesia? But then again, my parents never mentioned anything like that.

Lost in my thoughts, I suddenly notice Meshie's face way too close to mine. One wrong move and we'd be kissing! Oh no, no, no! Erase, erase, erase! Not my first kiss!

"What?" I blurt out.

"Nothing. You just look kinda silly," Meshie says, moving away as she knows I'll chase her.

"What?! I'm not silly, I'm pretty! Take it back, Meshie! I hate you! You're so mean!" I protest, chasing her around the living room and into the kitchen, but I can't catch her. I give up and flop down on the sofa.

"Ugh, I must look so haggard now, Meshie. I'm sweating all over, even my hair is wet. You're so mean!" I complain.

"What? You're the one who chased after me. Did I complain? What a brat, Roxie!" she retorts.

"You're so mean, Meshie! I'm gonna cry!" I exaggerate, pretending to sob dramatically.

"Ugh, fine! Go shower in your room, and I'll do the same. Then we'll cook our food," Meshie concedes, storming off.

"Yay, I love you, Meshi!" I shout after her. Wow, I think I'm getting pretty good at this acting thing.

Since Meshie's already left, I head to my room and take a quick shower. Afterward, I throw on a pink loose shirt and denim shorts before heading to the kitchen, where Meshie's already cooking.

"Call Denise and Lauren, it's time to eat. You took so long to shower that I started cooking already," she says.

"Okay!"

I head to the second floor, knowing I don't really have anything else to do since Meshie's taking care of everything. She's so diligent, wanting everything to be spotless.

"Denise, let's eat. Meshie's done preparing our food," I call out, knocking on her door.

"Okay, just a minute."

Then I knock on Lauren's door.

"Who's there?"

"It's me, Roxie .Come down, let's eat!"

" Okay."

After informing them, I head back downstairs