Prologue: Do you want custody of your sister?

Bentley Kensington sat at his desk aggressively typing away. He was a stern and scary man to most, tall, fit, and always carried a scowl on his face. Something he felt like he had to do. Ever since he was twenty when his father passed away. He became CEO of a multi-billion dollar company and became a parent figure to his six younger brothers. He took on everything causing him to grow up faster than the rest of his siblings. No doubt they had all been through hardships however Bentley was the one that tried to carry as much weight on his shoulders so the rest didn't have to.

    He was typing away when his younger brother Bruce walked into his office and reclined back on Bentley's couch. "Ben it's getting late and it's Friday let's go home," Bruce said looking at his phone and not at his older brother's narrow gaze it was only early afternoon but they were not supposed to be there past noon. Bruce was eighteen when their Father passed away he decided to go into the family business and help Bentley after he graduated from college with a business degree.

    "I know just let me finish up this one last email then we can go," Bentley said turning his focus onto his computer. He finished typing what he needed to and then shut his computer down. He gathered up some papers putting them into his briefcase when his assistant came over the intercom.

    "Mr. Kensington there is a call for you from social services they say it's important." She had a nasally voice that Bruce hated to hear however it had grabbed both Kensington's attention. They only had two brothers under the age of 18 now and Bentley was technically three of their guardians since the 18-year-old was still in high school however all three of their older brothers helped pitch in with raising them.

    "Okay, Hannah send them through," Bentley said and within seconds the phone started to ring. He picked it up and put it on speaker. "Bentley Kensington how many I help you?"

    "Hello, Mr. Kensington my name is Linda Mayes I work for the state of New Mexico. I am calling in regards to the passing of Rebecca Kensington. I believe this was your mother I am so sorry for your loss." The woman sounded like she was reading from a file sounding like a robot.

    "Ma'am I don't mean to sound cold but Rebecca was a mother by blood only. I am sorry for her loss but I don't know how I can be of help." Bentley's face was hard and cold there was a lot of bad blood between all of the Kensington boys and their mother.

    "Okay well on that note I was calling in regards to custody....."

    "Ma'am I already have custody of my brothers." Bentley cut her off abruptly.

    "Yes, I see that. Since you have custody of your brothers plus you're the closes retaliative you're the best choice for your sister." You could have heard a pin drop in Bentley's office.

    "My sister?" He finally managed to get out.

    "Yes, sir Katherine Elizabeth Kensington," Linda said causing silence to form in the office again. Both Bentley and Bruce stared at each other like a deer in headlights. Katherine was a name they hadn't heard since before their Dad passed. The only girl Kensington, the one their Mom kidnapped and ran away with. The one that their mother told their dad had died. Finally, Bentley came back down to earth.

    "Yes, ma'am I am willing to take custody of her. I will catch the first flight there." They talked a little more so she could give him more information and after they hung up she sent him an email of Katherine's file. There was a picture of the girl and the two brothers could tell that it was their little sister that was taken away from them all those years ago. In no time Bentley and Bruce both had a flight booked to New Mexico and they left the office to head home to tell the other brothers the news.