Chapter 22: The Hooker

Sam and I made it back to school just in time to get to our fifth period. I was zoned out for the rest of the day going from class to class like I was on auto pilot. I couldn't get the fear of Ben throwing me away for a girlfriend. That's what our Mom did so what would be different about Ben. After all he was her son. My nerves were going insane as my anxiety was high.

Once I got to gym class I was about to go crazy. "Kensington!" Coach Baker yelled from across the gym waving for me to come to her. I dropped my bag in the bleachers made my way to her. "I called all the girls down for this period to practice. I want you girls to do the pyramid with the Swedish fall that we have been working on. Go get changed."

I nod and make my way to the locker room to change. Being a prep school of course we have a uniform for gym. It was so weird going from wearing whatever I wanted to, to wearing the same outfit everyday. Once I got my cheer shoes on I made my way out of the locker room. I walked to the half of the gym that had cheer mats across it and started to stretch.

Once all the girls were stretching coach come back over. "Okay girls I called you all down here because we are going to West Lakes Academy and durning half time their cheer team has decided they want to have a competition. So we are going to do our routine. I want to switch our normal pyramid for the Swedish fall pyramid that we started working on. With my top tire being Kat and LeeAnn. My middle tire will be Hannah and Melanie on the side. Than Tracy in the middle. Sarah J., Alyssa, and Paige you're holding Hannah. Sarah M., Devin, and Tra'Lyssa you're throwing Kat up and catching her. Harmony, Katie, and Tina you got Tracy. Mia, Harper, and Karen will throw and catch LeeAnn. Lastly Delaney, Summer and Juanita you girls have Melanie. Everyone understand?" She looked up from her clipboard.

     "Yes coach" we all reply

"Okay I want to whip the floor with those West Lake girls. Once we get the pyramid down we will run through the routine. Get to work ladies." She clapped her hands and we all got up getting with our groups. We had already work on this a little but not enough to run through it smoothly and confidently. We ran that thing like ten million times I swear. Once we finally stuck it ten times in a roll coach had us run the routine with the stunt in it.

"Kat and Summer come here." Coach called when the music stoped. We walked over to her and she sighed. "You both have your double full twist down right?" We both nod. "Okay good I want you to put that into you flip sequence that you two do together. Okay?"

"Yes coach." We both say as she tells the whole group we are going to run it one more time. We all groan but run it again then she finally says we can take a break for the rest of class.

"There is only ten minutes left of class ugh." Devin moans, she was a tall girl with jet black hair and the bluest of eyes. She was also classified as the mean girl of the eighth grade. Being in seventh grade I didn't have any classes with her but in cheer she wasn't that bad. But that's probably because Coach doesn't handle that behavior well. Especially after what happened to me a few weeks ago.