Chapter 17: The Truth!

"PRINCIPAL CAMPBELL WAiIT! THERE IS SOMETHING YOU NEED TO HEAR! TIFFANY IS NOT INNOCENT!" Morgan yelled as she busted into the door.

     "Ms. Owens you can't just barge in here." The principal scolded.

     "I am sorry but you have to know the truth. Tiffany is lying she is the reason why Kat fell and got hurt so bad." Morgan walked farther into the office to the Principals desk.

     "Ugh it was an accident would you all get that through your heads already." Tiffany groaned in disgust causing everyone to turn towards her. "I mean it hurts that you would think I could do something like that." She changed her voice to disappointed and face to sad.

     "I have proof." Morgan said shooting her a look.

     "What do you mean Morgan?" Principal Campbell asked.

     "Well I was in the restroom this morning, neither Kat or Tiffany knew so I started recording when I heard Tiffany getting nasty. Now I have a recording of her admiring she let Kat fall on purpose." Morgan pulled out her phone and let the recording play. The entire room was silent as it played everyone having mixed expressions. Tiffany looked nervous and scared as her Dads face was full of disbelief. Reuben and Ben's faces match in anger, it's like you could feel it radiating off their bodies at this point in waves. Morgan had gotten everything on recording and it was like gold. Who knew that Tiffany's down fall would be her bragging about no one believing me, now everyone would.

     Once the recording was over Ben looked at Tiffany and her Dad through clenched teeth. "You will be hearing from my lawyers." He spat back and then looked at Principal Campbell. "May we leave now? I can be in the same room with these two right now."

     The principal nods "Yes the suspension still stands for Katherine since she did through punches, however Mr. O'Malley I will need you and Tiffany to stay we have more to discuss. Thank you Morgan I will write you a note to class.

     Reuben, Ben and I all walked out of the office. "Kat go to my class and get your stuff while Ben and I sign you out. Tell Mrs. Reeves I will be in there in just a few." Reuben said and I nodded heading to his room. I wasn't that far from the front office of the high school when Sam came storming towards me.

     "YOU BROKE MY GIRLFRIENDS NOSE?!?!?" He yelled as his nostrils flared in anger. "What the fuck Kat?!? What is actually wrong with you? Did our shit of a Mom drop you on your head when you were a baby? Those drugs must have messed you up more than I thought. I wish Ben never agreed to take in such trash. Some family you just don't associate with." His words were packed with venom and honestly hurt worse than falling on Friday. My heart ached as the tears started to fall.

     He went to open his mouth to say more until we heard Ben's voice boom from behind me. "That's enough Sampson Lyle! I want you to go get your stuff you're coming home with me! Reuben take Kat to go get her stuff. Kat and Sampson I will meet you in the office hurry up." He glared as Reuben took my hand and we went to his room.

      I quickly grabbed my stuff from Reubens room and made my way back to the office.

     "You drive straight home young man or else. Understand?" Ben was ordering Sam when I walked into the office.

     "Yes sir." He huffed and walked off.

     "Kat you ready?" He asked seeing me. I nodded and fallowed him to his car. The ride home was an eerie silence that I could only take for so long.

     "How much trouble am I in?" I finally asked breaking the silence.

     Ben sighed glancing at me for a split second. "None."

     "Excuse me?" I asked in shock.

     "Look Katherine I don't condone fighting however I would have punched her too. You were defending yourself and I can't be mad at that." He sighed. "Is it bad that I wish you would have punched her harder?" He asked looking at me nervous.

     That made me laugh. "No, just makes you human."

     "I know I am your guardian but sometimes it's hard not to be just your brother. The brother in me wanted to let you punch her again and cheer you on. However the 'parent' part of me needs to say violence is never the answer." He sighed.

     "I am sorry. It must be tough to play the big brother and parent roll."

     "It is however I wouldn't trade it for the world. Did I wish our Dad was still here and that our Mom was a good Mom who didn't do all that she did? Yes but you and our brothers are my pride and joy. I love having all of you all and wouldn't trade you for anything in the world." He smiled. "You kids are my world." We sat in a happy silence for the rest of the ride. As we were pulling into the garage my phone dinged and I looked at it in shock. "What's up kiddo?"

     "Morgan sent me the recording." I said looking up at Ben. "Hey I know you probably want to talk to Sam but before you do can I show him this?"

     "I think that would be a great idea but I don't want you alone with him." He said sliding out of the car. I got out and fallowed him into the house were we found Sam in the kitchen. "Before you and I have a talk Kat has something to show you."

     "I don't want to see anything that bitch has to show me." He growled.

     Ben stiffened for a second as I watch his face turn to anger. In a flash he was by Sam and pulling him off the bar stool and landing ten hard slaps to his butt. Sam tensed up with each sharp slap. "You and I will be having a talk with my belt in a few so unless you want a warm up with my hand first I suggest you to shut up and listen." He said in a low and stern tone. If he was talking to me I would have been crying it was scary. "Go ahead Kat." He said looking at me and speaking in a softer tone.

     I didn't say a word I just played the recording letting Sam listen to it. By the end of it Sam was in tears and looked distraught.

     "She actually did that? And said that?" He whispered as the tears poured out harder. "I am so sorry Kat." He looked up at me like he was in pain. Then looked at Ben. "I deserve whatever you are going to give me. I said some awful things."

     "That you did. Let's get to it then meet me in my room." Ben said in a hard stern tone. Sam got up and quickly left and Ben turned to me looking softer. "Eat something then go relax. If you want you and me can watch a movie in a bit." He said and kissed the top of my head walking away. 

A/N
Sorry for the short chapter but I couldn't leave you on a cliffhanger for that long. Thank you for all the likes and comments it really drives me to keep writing, knowing that people are actually enjoying my stories. I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Easter.