Chapter 15: Ouch That Hurt

At this point everyone was assessing the damage to my left side. Jeremiah had ran to the other side of the field to get the EMT's that came to every game in case someone got hurt. While everyone else was focused on me. That was until we heard the crying. My gaze landed on goes who..... Tiffany! That bitch was a crying blubbering mess. She pulled everyone's focus to her for a split second and started to whale that she was so sorry and how she didn't mean to. Saying I came down wrong.

     To no surprise Sampson jumped up and wrapped his arms around her. "It's okay babe. No one is mad at you accidents happen."

      Not mad at her my ass. And an accident? That's bullshit I came down perfect she did that on purpose. But she got what she wanted she hurt me and got Sampson to feel bad for her all in one big swoop.

      It didn't take long for the EMT's to show up and everyone moved letting them assess me.

     "Coach can I talk to you for a second?" Morgan whispered to the coach. They both moved a little bit away but were close enough that I could hear them whispering as long as I concentrated. Which no one else was doing because they were all talking to the EMT's.

     "Coach she came down perfect, I don't understand how Tiffany missed her. It's like she didn't even try to save the catch at all." Morgan whispered as she got choked up on her tears. I felt bad for her she was beating herself up about this. "I tried so hard to catch her by myself when I realized but I couldn't get ahold of her." She sobbed as she looked at Baker. "However Tiffany let Kat fall."

     "Thank you for letting me know I will look into it farther." Coach said and gave her a hug trying to calm her down.

     "We need to take her to the hospital so they can clean this out real good and then give her pain meds." The EMT said pulling my focus back to her.

     "Okay let go, can I ride with you? I am her guardian." Ben asked and the EMT said of course. They got me on the stretcher much to my dismay, a movement made my entire left side of my body burn.

      Once in the ambulance Ben answered all the questions for me. It was kind of shocking that he knew all that, he even knew my social security number. I barely remember that. Once he was done answering all the questions he looked at me.

     "How you holding up Princess?"

     "It burns but I will live." I tried to give him a smile.

     "You're a trooper. Bruce is calling the Smiths I am sure they will want to FaceTime you as soon as you feel up to it." He smiled grabbing my right hand and squeezing.

     "Ben how bad is my uniform?"

      "Eeeehhhh we will buy you a new one." He shrugged.

     "Ben?"

     "Yeah?"

      "Is Logan okay?"

     He shock his head a little. "Well he didn't have a heart attack but he turned white as a ghost I thought he might pass out. He might protest you doing cheer anymore." 

     "Can I keep doing cheer?" I asked bitting my bottom lip.

     "Well I feel like you might have to take off a little time to heal. However accidents happen all the time. Wes broke his ribs last year when a pitcher hit him with the ball. This happen when you play sports. You're just the baby and I know it sounds sexiest but you're the one and only girl in the family so Logan just sees it different."

     "Why don't you?"

     "Oh I do when I saw your side for the first time I swore to myself you would never cheer again but then I calmed down. I had to remind myself that things happen and although this is bad you will be okay you just will have to heal. There are a lot worse things that you can do other than cheer." He squeezed my hand and the EMT let us know we made it to the hospital. They got me into the ER and took me straight to a room. A nurse and a doctor came in not much longer after the EMT's left.