Chapter 28: Weston

The next morning I got up and made my way down stairs. Right when I came out of my room I saw Jere come out of his. His blue eyes that matched our Moms were red and puffy. He looked tired with his hair all disheveled sticking up in all kinds of places. He walked slow and looked as if his entire body was tense.

"You okay Jere?" I asked as I walked down the stairs next to him, going slow.

"No Rueben tore my ass up." He whispered after shooting his eyes around the foyer. "I won't be able to sit for a week."

"Well what you did was kind of stupid." I shrugged as we made our way to the kitchen and he growled shut up.

"Come on Ben pleasssseeeeee." Wes whined as he held his hands together bating his eyelashes. Him and Bruce were the only two that shared my brown eyes. They said we got them from our dad. I will say it made great puppy dog eyes. He was trying so hard right now to get them to work on Ben who was standing in front of Wes with his arms crossed.

"No Weston you are to young." Ben shock his head causing Wes to stomp his feet throwing a tantrum.

"Come on Ben this isn't fair! I am not a little kid anymore! I am fourteen for Christ stake. I am not even the baby of the family anymore." He whines even louder causes Jere to roll his eyes and lean down towards me.

"He is acting like the baby of the family. Ten bucks says he gets grounded by the end of this."

"Oh you're on! Surly he will stop before it goes that far." I nod shaking Jere's hand as we watch Wes beg and plead.

"Weston Lee! Stop it right now! You are acting like a two year old which proves my point on your to young. I am not going to let you go stay at your friends house since his parents are not going to be home all night. Now I know Logan just gave you your phone back last night so I suggest you to stop this tantrum before I take it back!" Ben huffed out in irritation.

I crossed my fingers, hoping Wes would stop so I could win the bet. Sometimes I forget that Wes is the baby of the boys. He was the youngest til I stepped in and I bet they all are just as uptight about him as they are me.

"Yes sir." Weston sighed and turned around walking away.

Jere grumbled something that sounded mad and looked over at me. "I will give you ten bucks after I eat." He rolled his eyes and walked over to the fridge. I laughed and walked over to the island and sat down.

"Good morning you two, how did you all sleep?" Ben asked as he handed me a muffin then handed one to Jere.

"I slept good, what about you?" I said then bit into the muffin.

"I am glad to hear that, I slept good too. How bout you buddy?" Ben took his hand and rubbed it on the top of Jere's head.

"Stop that!" Jeremiah side stepped out of his reach and mumbled. "I slept awful. I was in pain."

"Good, I heard the things you said at school and you better be glad Reuben dealt with you and not me." Ben grabbed Jere's arm and spun him around to face him. Taking his hand under Jere's chin and raising it so he was looking at Ben. "If I ever hear that you talk to a women like that and degrade one ever again, you will think the ass whooping you got last night as a cake walk. I don't care how old you are either understand me Jeremiah Peter?"

Jere looked like he was about to shit himself with his eyes so wide and I swear I saw his knees shaking. "Ye-y-yes sir." He stuttered out.

"Good now eat your breakfast." Ben replied letting go of Jere's chin and patting his head.