Chapter 26: The Mall

"Let's go to the mall." Ru said as we got in the car. The only thing they had asked when I came out was. Did it go okay? When I nodded the smiled and we headed to the car. I was nice to not have them bombard me with questions.

     "The mall? But I am grounded." I cocked my head to the side questioning him and then looking at Ben.

     "Well I know. But you're going with your two other brothers not friends. Plus you just did something hard. I think you deserve to buy a few things. Or to just go get a cookie at Great American Cookies." Ru slide into the passenger seat as I climbed in the back and Ben in the drivers seat. "What do you think Ben?"

     "Sounds good to me I so want a double doozie now." Ben started up the car.

     "Ughhhh those are the best! Can we seriously get one?" I couldn't help but smile as he backed up.

     "Of course! But we have to get one for everyone."

     "Just don't sit them back here with me, they might not make it home."

     "Noted." Ben nodded as he pulled out of the parking lot and headed towards the mall. Him and Rueben talked about work and things so I just sat in the back quietly. I sometimes forget Rueben helps Ben out a lot with the family business on top of teaching. Once we were at the mall Ben parked on the food court side and we got out. "We will get the cookies last. Where do you want to go first?" He asked looking at me.

     "Um can we go to Hollister?"

     "Yeah let's go." He leads the way and we walk through the mall. Once at the store I walk around and just look at the clothes as the boys fallow looking at their phones. I notice that some people are staring with sorta creeps me out but doesn't seem to bug my brothers. After we walk all around the store and I look at everything awing over all the cute stuff I shrug my shoulders and tell them I am ready to move on.

     "Is there nothing in here you like?" Ru asked looking up from his phone.

      "I mean yeah there was a lot of cute stuff." I shrug, it's not like I would get it. This place was hella expensive and I never had clothes from here. I always just like to come and look at all the cute things.

     "Okay then let's get it." Ben said looking up from his phone as well.

     "No it's okay this stuff is way to expensive. I just like to come in here and look."

     Rueben looks at me weird putting his phone in his pocket and Ben does the same. "Honey you came into this store just to look? Not to buy stuff?"

     "Yeah, I mean this stuff is way to expensive so I never actually get clothes here."

      "You have a Hollister shirt that you wore the other week." Ben pointed out.

     "Yeah but I got that from good well." I shrugged.

     Ben shock his head and looked at Rueben. "Okay here is what we are going to do. You are going to go find whatever you think is 'cute' and find your size. Then you are going to try it on and pick one outfit out to buy deal?"

     "But...."

     "No buts young lady. This is not a request this is a demand." Ben said glaring at me. I sighed and just accepted my fate. Plus I won't lie I know there was way more fancier things but being about to actually buy clothes that are not from goodwill is exciting. I went around and picked out the cheapest pair of jeans and the cheap shirt I could find and showed them. "I said whatever you think is cute. I might not have a lot of experience raising a preteen girl but I know you think more than just that is cute." Ben shock his head disapprovingly. "We are not going to the dressing room til you fill up both mine and Rueben's hands."

     I sighed looking at Ru pleading with my eyes for help but he just throw his hands up as to say he was not getting in the middle of this. My stomach was going flips and I felt like I might get sick. Just the thought of sending more than twenty dollars on an outfit was so insane. But Ben looked serious, so I decided to play the game. I would try on a bunch of clothes and then still get the cheapest. So I started to load them up with clothes.

     By the end of it I had about over half the stores clothes in Ben and Bruce's hands. Every so often I would ask if I could go try on stuff and Ben shock his head saying he could carry more. "Okay is that enough now?" There is maybe five things left on the girls side and i truly think they are ugly. Like a grandma would wear them." Ben cracked a smile and nodded going to find a store worker.

     "Ma'am can my sister get a dressing room please." He asked a women with a head set who looked up at his full arms.

     "You can only take ten items into a dressing room." She said as she smacked the gum that was in her mouth.

     Ben juggled the clothes he was holding and pulled out his wallet grabbing a card and handing it to her. "You can keep my card tell we are done we will be buying stuff."

     She looked down at the card in shock staring at the gold shine. "Of course Mr. Kensington. Just let us know if you need anything." He said walking us back to a changing room. Her saying our name made more people turn to look as the started to whisper but my brothers just ignored it.

     We spent an hour in the dressing room with me going in and out to show the boys each thing. Once I was finally done I was worn out and ready to go. "This is what I want." I handed Ben the same outfit I picked out first.

     He turned to the worker who had been helping us and who was hyping up everything I put on so we would buy it. "I want this and everything that is in that dressing room."

     My mouth dropped and I went to say something but Ben held his hand up. The lady looked so excited and had someone help her take the close to the check out counter. Once we were there Ben huffed and took a mini skirt, two pairs of shorts and a crop top of the counter. "We don't need these though. She is not showing everyone her butt or anything else that these clothes revile."

     Rueben nodded and mumbled "Damn straight." Causing me to look at questioning his language. "You never going to wear anything like that! Over my dead body." He huffed just like Ben. 

     The lady finished ringing up the clothes and said the total. "That will be five hundred and thirty dollars."

     I think my heart stoped and I couldn't breathe. That was too much but before I could say anything Ben swiped the card. The boys grabbed the bags and we started to head out of the store.

     "Okay we need to head home so let's go get the cookies." Ben said as he lead the way. We got nine cookies and he let me get an icy.

     "Why did you get nine?" I asked as we walked back to the car.

     "Well you're going to meet Alisha." Ben said with a pink glow showing on his checks.

     "Who?" I ask giving him a puzzled look.

     Ben huffed and rolled his eyes "The hooker."

     This time it was my turn to blush. "Oh... Ummm.... You didn't tell her that did you?"

     "Yup!" He said popping the p. "Sure did."

     Well shit now this will be really awkward.