41| memories and magic.

For Annika, small was powerful. She never needed anything too fancy, before or after getting into a relationship, not withstanding the fact that it was with someone who could bring the world at her feet if she wanted.

The way he loves her is not lost on her. Never. She never thought she would get a love like that, but Shivaay Singh Oberoi came into her life to prove her wrong every step of the way.

Her beliefs in love were no different.

She loves him. That's all that matters to the both of them. To think that neither of them can spend more than a few minutes without thinking about each other.

But it was especially true for Annika. Everytime she went to work, she couldn't help thinking about how much Shivaay supported her when she wanted to come back to her dream of event management. Whenever she had a tiring day at work, just thinking about how proud Shivaay will be of her brought a smile to her face.

And the fact that despite their own professional lives, they found time for each other when it came to their personal was what made them stand apart. This was the one thing she liked the most about him, about them. They knew just what the other person needed, right when they needed it.

"Annika," she came out of her thoughts with a smile when her husband's arms wrapped around her waist, his chin on her shoulder. He did it everyday before she went to work.

"Shivaay, aaj main ghar par hi hu," she told him. She had something planned for today. A surprise for her pati parmeshwar.

He turned her around so that they were facing each other.

"That's where you're wrong, my love." He bumped her nose with his. "Tum aaj mere saath bahar jaa rahi ho."

She smiled excitedly. They hadn't gone out together in forever. The idea was wonderful.

"Hum kahan jaa rahe hain?" She asked, and in reply, he smiled that beautiful smile, the one that always blew her mind.

"Surprise hai. Chalo taiyaar ho jao. You have 10 minutes."

"Par Shivaay aap-" she shook her head, though the smile never left her face, "aap mujhe batayenge nahi ki hum kahan jaa rahe hain toh mujhe kaise pata chalega ki kaise taiyaar hona hai?"

He pecked her forehead, like he always did when he wanted to assure her. "Tum toh kaise bhi khoobsurat lagti ho, Annika. Just choose whatever you want." Saying that, he left her to her own. With a skip in her steps, she went to get ready.

Sometimes, the intensity of his love for her hit Annika like an asteroid. And it never failed to drive her crazy because for atleast half her life so far, she hadn't known what love was. She knew not to expect it for herself. 

But then, she found Shivaay. The man that her heart craved all along. Who made her his priority. They had been married for 5 years, and yet, it was overwhelming.

With a smile, she continued getting ready. 15 minutes later, they were in the car driving to somewhere.

"Aap khud drive kar rahe hain aaj?" She asked him with a smile, although it was a good idea. To spend time with just each other with no outsiders of any sort.

He took her hand into his and placed their entwined hands onto his lap. "Haan kyuki aaj ka din main tumhare saath spend karna chahta hu. Akele." He told her with a smile, eyes still focussed on the road, before the car came to to a sudden halt.

Annika craned her neck to look outside the window from Shivaay's side, and her mouth fell open.

When both of them walked out, Shivaay leaned against his side of the car, with his arms around her, and her facing him.