37| love and surprises.

Shivaay cut the call with a smile, telling the people to execute what he had planned. His girl had wanted to spend a day out with him, and although he had denied to her face, telling her how he had a lot of work and couldn't possibly waste time on ridiculous stuff, it was only because back then, it had instantly clicked his mind that he was going to surprise her with it.

There was one problem though - ever since this exchange between Shivaay and Annika yesterday, she had been extremely upset with him, and he had to work a lot on convincing her to come with him.

Currently while quickly walking to his room, he collided with someone, and looked at her.

"Itni jaldi me kahan jaa raha hai tu?" She asked him, and he rolled his eyes.

"Aapse matlab, Mrs. Oberoi?" He asked, not looking at her. Saying he was extremely upset with her deeds would be an understatement. She didn't think twice before cursing her own self and calling her son illegitimate just so that she could get Annika out of his life. And if children were allowed to feel such a strong emotion about their mother, he hated her.

"Mujhe matlab nahi hoga toh kisse hoga, Shivaay? Mai teri maa-"

"Nahi hain! Nahi hain aap meri maa." He said in rage. It will not be easy for him to forgive her, ever. He knew that times will change and he will ultimately end up forgiving her, but what she did all those months ago was unforgivable right now. She separated him and Annika. He was terribly broken after that incident, and now that he had finally got back with her and married her again, she had no right to interfere in his life with her.

"Aap meri maa nahi hain, Mrs. Oberoi. Ek maa apne bacche ke saath kabhi aisa nahi karti, jaisa aapne mere saath kiya hai. Aapne meri Annika ko mujhse duur-" his voice choked at the mere thought of those dreadful three months, during which he went around like a living corpse. Just the thought of his Annika not being by his side anymore gave him chills.

"Mujhe na aapse baat hi nahi karni hai." He said, maintaining composure, "mujhe jaane dijiye, meri Annika mera wait kar rahi hai." He says, and is going to leave when she stops him again.

"Pata nahi uss ladki ne tujhpe kya jaadu kar diya hai Shivaay," she says, "ki ab tu apni maa ki taraf dekh bhi nahi raha. Seedhe muh baat tak nahi karta mujhse. Kya yahi-"

"Please, Mrs. Oberoi." He interrupts her, "maine kaha na, mere paas iss sabke liye time nahi hai. Jaane dijiye mujhe." He says, and giving one last look to her, leaves.

Pinky was forced to satisfy herself by wiping the stray tear off her eye. Why does he not get it, whatever she did was for his benefit? No matter what happens, she is never going to accept that girl as her family member, let alone daughter in-law, or worse, daughter. Never.

Sighing, she left to her own room.

Meanwhile Shivaay walked to his room to see Annika scrolling through her phone with a smile. He smiled looking at her.

He walked with slow steps to sit beside her, and was going to go close to her, trying out his first attempt to convince her, when her phone rang.

She picked it up with a smile, entirely ignoring Shivaay's existence.

"Hello, Rohit! Kaise ho tum?" She started with a smile and chirpy voice, and Shivaay's eyes widened.

Rohit?

He tried to recall where he had heard the name, all the while listening to her conversation.

"Awww, so cute! Tum kitne sweet ho Rohit. Kabhi kabhi mai sochti hoon ki mera life partner bhi tumhare jaisa hona chaiye. Jo apna saara kaam chhod ke mujhe time de sake, jaise tum kar rahe ho." She says, laughing.