34.2| heart and heartbeat. [Part 3]

I'm back 😂♥ Two updates in one day.... everyone was so ready to kill Svetlana in the previous update, and so desperately y'all wanted the next part so here it is!

______________________________________

"Svetlana nahi. Tum Shivika ko kuch nahi karogi." Shivaay says, and Svetlana smirks evilly.

"Theek hai phir! Tumhe yeh confess karna hoga ki Kalyani Mills fire incident ke peeche tumhari family ka haath tha."

Annika looks at Shivaay, who now has his eyes closed. One more time.

Another time when he is stuck in conflict to choose between his family and Annika. Why does this happen always? His family is his weakness, and everyone takes undue advantage of this fact. What was he going to choose now?

"Meri family ka uss incident se koi relation nahi tha!" Shivaay says loudly, and Svetlana smirks again.

"Okay then," she says, setting the gun.

Annika looks at Shivaay in shock. He cannot be doing this!

"Three..." Svetlana begins the countdown, and Annika looks at Shivaay. Why was he not doing anything?!

"Two..." She counts another number, and Shivaay's eyes meet Annika's. What kind of a conflict were they stuck in? Does he really need to choose between Annika, Shivika and the rest of his family now? 

Shivaay closes his eyes. No. His family could be humiliated beyond repair, but still. Does his family's reputation matter more to him than Shivika's life? Ofcourse not. 

He walks forward to Svetlana. 

"One..." She counts down to the final number. Shivaay increases the pace of his footsteps, walking to stop her from pulling the trigger. Just as he reaches her and brings forward his hand to hold hers to release the gun from her hand, he is forced to pull it back as.....

A gunshot voice is heard.

"Shivika!" Annika screams at the top of her voice, not opening her eyes. She covers her face with her hands, sinking even more into the floor she was already sitting on, crying miserably. 

Shivaay closes his eyes, letting the tears that were held back fall from them. He messed up, again!

No amount of words can describe the unsaid turmoil that Annika and Shivaay are feeling right now. In their heads, they can imagine the victorious smirk that would be adorned on Veer and Svetlana's faces. They defeated Shivaay Singh Oberoi. They succeeded in doing what no one could, till this moment in history. 

Annika felt a hand on her shoulder,  but she refuses to open her eyes. This is probably Svetlana, now going to shoot her without any restrictions. She doesn't want to keep this as the last thought in her head before she dies, but she hates Shivaay. She hates him. She knew he went forward and had almost saved Shivika, he did the best he could in the situation of turmoil he was in, but they lost their daughter. 

They lost her!

"Mumma," she hears Shivika's voice, making her close her eyes tighter. This is going to be a regular now. She has to live with memories of little Shivika.

Still in her thoughts, she is partially brought back to reality as a tiny pair of hands remove her hands from her face, and wipes her tears.

Annika struggles to open her eyes. But when she does, she is taken by storm as she sees Shivika standing in front of her.

"Sh- Shivika?!" She speaks out, and tries to hold her hand, unable to believe that she was alive and real.

But when she holds the little hand into hers, and looks into her kanji aakhein, she knows everything is okay.