38.3| support in the worst. [Part 4]

An excerpt from this song is used in this part.

______________________________________

Annika came back into the room after talking to Bhavya, and sat beside Shivaay. She had told her over call that according to Shivaay, it was in fact Veer Pratap Chauhan who had been responsible behind all this. And Bhavya had promised that once she finds him, she won't think twice before burning the man alive.

Sitting beside Shivaay, Annika caressed his head softly. The last 15 days had been nothing short of a mini disaster. Only she knew how she had managed to keep herself sane and strong, despite having this constant urge to give up because she needed him. No matter how hard she tried, she could feel his absence all the time and it wasn't helping her already bad condition.

But at the same time, she was glad that he was back, and safe. He did have injuries, but atleast that was the only thing. Don't get her wrong, she wanted him to be safe, but she had actually thought that his condition would be worse once she found him after so long.

"Kya soch rahi ho?" His voice brought her out of her thoughts, and she smiled a little.

"Kuch nahi. Mai toh bas yeh soch rahi thi, ki accha hua ki aap theek hain." She said, and caressing his hair again, continued, "mai bahut zyada darr gayi thi. Mujhe laga tha ki maine... ki maine aapko kho diya." She said softly, and Shivaay closed his eyes, before re-opening them to look at her.

"Aisa kabhi nahi hoga, Annika," he said, those words of reassurance although his face or ever-expressive eyes held no emotions whatsoever, "mai aisa kabhi nahi hone dunga."

Annika smiled at his words, although she still had a lot of questions. Shivaay wasn't being himself ever since they brought him back or since he regained consciousness. There was something missing. His eyes, the bright orbs of a unique shade of blue that she loved so much, weren't the same. They weren't as mesmerising as she always found them to be, even after so long of being together.

What she could comprehend on her own without having to talk to him or trigger him was that he was still traumatised from whatever he went through in the past 15 days. And it was obvious. She had no exact idea of what happened, but looking at his condition, she knew it was terrible.

No matter how strong someone was, going through third degree torture for a prolonged period of 15 days is a testing time. It can affect the victim's mental state of mind very gravely.

Anyway. Keeping everything else aside, atleast Shivaay was safe and fine. There is nothing more that she could ask for.

______________________________________

In the evening

After completing a few formalities, Shivaay was finally brought home. Annika had put him to sleep after giving him medicines, so that he could rest, and was right now in the living room, addressing a meeting with the rest of the family.

"Chalo accha hai, Shivaay theek hai. Mujhe toh bahut darr lag raha tha." Pinky said, making Annika sigh.

"Haan, maa. Woh bilkul theek hain. Lekin mujhe aap sabse ek bahut zaruri baat karni hai." She says, and giving a look to everyone, begins speaking.

"Baat yeh hai, ki Shivaay waapas toh aa gaye hain, lekin mujhe pata hai ki unke liye waapas se theek hona, sab kuch normal tareeke se karna, aasaan nahi hoga." She said sadly, "15 din se woh jinn haalat me reh rahe the, mujhe pata hai ki unhe theek se rehne me kitni takleef hogi. Toh isliye, meri aap sabse ek request hai." She said.

Om looked directly at her.

"Bhabhi....aap bas boliye. Aap jo kahengi, hum woh karenge. Shivaay ko theek karne ke liye hum kuch bhi kar sakte hain." He said, and Annika nodded at him.