38.1| support in the worst. [Part 2]

15 days later

Pinky knocked on the door of Annika's room with a plate of food in her hand. It had been 15 days since Shivaay had left for office but not returned, and Annika was obviously devastated.

It was really difficult for her to keep herself strong in this situation. She was doing it more because of her baby, and everyone knew that - because on any other normal day, situation would have been so different if something like this happened.

She came out of her thoughts when the door opened. It was Rudra. He spent most of the time with Annika since that day happened.

That day, Annika had sent Bhavya on a mission to look for Shivaay. And she promised she won't return without him.

15 days later, she was still fulfilling her promise. Even she hadn't returned home since she left that day.

Handing the plate of food to Rudra, she turned around. Hearing the door close behind her, she closed her eyes, and with a sigh, left.

She could only hope and pray for her children's well-being. Was it too hard?

Inside the room, Rudra sat beside Annika with the food. It was an extremely difficult time for all of them. But these two people out here were the most affected ones. They were the most broken from the inside, and they were the ones who had to stay the strongest.

But for Rudra, it was harder. More than anything else, it was because of the fact that none of the people he looked up to the most were there for him.

The fact that Shivaay was gone took a toll on each one of them. But while everyone was surprised that Annika was stronger than they expected, it was probably only Rudra who could see through her facade of strength. He knew she was broken from the inside. And if it was just about her, she would be in a worse condition.

It had been fifteen days since he left only to not come back. And just the fact that she was still confident that he will come back....for her, for his princess, for his family.... proved that the trust they had in each other, more particularly, the trust she had in him, was the strongest there is.

______________________________________

To say the least, Veer was disappointed in his villainous abilities. 15 days of extreme torture and his target Shivaay was still alive. He did carry a lot of willpower, he realised.

But that was not going to help. The question remained - how was he going to kill him? Should he straight up pierce a knife through his heart?

It won't be fun, he thought. Also, if someone ever found the useless dead body, it will be risky for him. Forensics and stuff.

He was still lost in his thoughts when his goons came to him. The most recent task he had given them was to use an iron rod to use to their work, because before that, he had actually gone and put salt on Shivaay's wounds. Quite literally so, he had actually taken grains of salt and very nicely put them on his bleeding wounds, and the the way he winced in pain were only sounds of his success.

He stood up, and walked to them.

"Kaam ho gaya?" He asked them with a smirk, and when none of them replied, it suddenly disappeared. What happened?

"Kya hua? Tum log kuch bol kyu nahi rahe ho?"

"Woh... woh..." One of them started, and these fumbles were what made Veer lose the last bit of patience he had.

"Bolo damnit! Kya hua hai?" He screamed at them, making them flinch. They had to tell.

"Woh...woh jo aadmi hai na? Jisse aapne khaana khila kar maarne ko bola tha...woh...woh bhaag gaya." He said, and closed his eyes, fearing for his life. God, save him.