16| growing relationships.

"Aaj kal yeh kuch zyada hi business trips par nahi jaane lag gaye hain?" Annika screams in frustration, as a flower vase becomes the victim of Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi's wrath because she was unable to connect to Shivaay.

"Aur upar se inka phone bhi nahi lag raha hai. Na jaane aise kaunse kaam me busy hain jo mere network se bahar hue pade hain." She says, annoyed.

Ever since Shivaay went for a business trip three days ago, it was getting frustrating for Annika to handle everything together without his presence. She had to take care of the family like him along with taking care of her event management, and she had no one to take out her anger on.

She sits down on the couch, sighing deeply, rubbing her forehead with her fingers, trying to calm herself down.

Somewhere on the other side of Mumbai,
"I need to take him for a day. And anyway, its festive season, you should allow children to go home."

After a lot of negotiations from the staff at the boarding school, they finally let Shivaay take Sahil home for a day.

"Finally." He says, as Sahil smiles at him.

"SSO, aaj aap yahan kaise?"
"London se aa raha hoon. Maine Annika se kaha tha ki mai 5 din me aunga, lekin mera kaam 1 din pehle khatam ho gaya toh maine socha kyu na usse surprise diya jaaye. Double surprise." Shivaay tells him with a smile.

"Annika didi bahut khush hongi na?" Sahil asks him, excited.
"Haan bilkul, lekin phir woh mujhe bahut sunayegi ki maine usse bataya nahi ki mai ek din pehle aa raha hoon," Shivaay says with a cute expression.

"Accha SSO, apna phone dena ek baar?"
Shivaay fiddles in his pockets.

"Mera phone toh-" he says, but then looks everywhere but at the little boy in front of him.
Sahil guesses it.
"Todh diya?!" He exclaims in surprise.
"Khair, mujhe toh ab surprise bhi nahi hona chaiye. Aapka toh roz ka hai." He giggles.

"Bahut shaitaan ho gaya hai tu! Chal ab," Shivaay says, shaking his head, as they both settle in the car.

When they reach the mansion about 2 hours, Gauri is standing at the door.
"Bade-" she screams in excitement, but Shivaay stops her.
"Shh. Dheere. Annika ko pata nahi chalna chaiye."
She smiles at them, and they both enter the house, walking silently to Shivika's room.

"Inka phone abhi bhi nahi lag raha. Aane do inhe. 2 din baad hi sahi, mai bataungi ki Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi kya cheez hai." She says, and only the god knows what got into her, as she murders another phone.

Shivaay and Sahil look at each other in shock.

Sahil rubs his eyes, "mujhe do-do SSO dikh rahe hain!" He whispers to Shivaay, who hits him on his head.

Shivaay goes to the door. Annika's back is facing him.

"Itna gussa, Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi?" He says, as she turns around to look at him.

"Shivaay?" She exclaims, more like a question, unable to believe her eyes.
"Shivaay!" She exclaims again, now coming forward to hug him with all the power she has.

He hugs her back with equal passion.
When they break out, he kisses on her nose. She giggles.

"Missed me, sunshine?" He asks her with his incredible smile.
She nods, with tears in her eyes. He hugs her again.
"I missed you too, my love." He says, looking at her.

"Par Shivaay, aapka phone kyu nahi lag raha tha? Mai kab se aapko phone karne ki koshish kar rahi hoon."

Shivaay looks down, unable to face her.