33| the happy family.

There was something off with the Oberoi Mansion today. Even though, preparations were in full swing for Raksha Bandhan, the most celebrated festival of the family, something was missing.

Reason? Well, the one who keeps everyone happy, the limelight of the house, everyone's favourite, Annika - was away from home owing to business reasons, and everyone was upset knowing that she wouldn't make it home in time to celebrate the festival.

Currently on call with the entire family, Annika was trying to convince her favourite Rudy, and her stubborn patidev.

"Bhabhi agar aap kal raksha bandhan ke liye nahi aaye," Rudra says, on the verge of crying, "toh mai aapse kabhi baat nahi karunga." He says, and Shivaay takes the phone from him, "you heard him Annika, ek week ho gaya hai tumhe aur tumhe abhi bhi aur time chaiye? Aaj hi waapas aao,"

Annika sighs.

"Shivaay," she whines, "Rudra ka toh mai samajh sakti hoon, aap kyu aise ro rahe hain? Mujhe kaam hai, mai apna kaam chhod ke kaise aa jau? Aap nahi samjhenge toh kaun samjhega?"

Shivaay groans in frustration.
"Annika," he whines, "tumhari bahut yaad aa rahi hai," he says cutely, "kitne din hogaye tumse duur reh raha hoon mai. Tum soch bhi sakti ho meri kya haalat hai? Bimar ho jaunga," he says, and Annika smiles listening to him.

"Aap bahut cute hain, Shivaay," she says, "mai jaldi se jaldi kaam khatam karne ki koshish karungi. Theek hai?" She says, and a smile forms on his face.
"Thank you," he says, and after a few more talks, disconnects the call.

"Shaant ho ja Rudra," Shivaay says, sitting beside him, "Annika ka kaam bahut zaruri hai. Usne kaha na, jaise hi uska kaam khatam hoga woh aa jayegi?" He looks at him, "aur waise bhi, Annika toh bahut baar jaati hai, lekin tu aise kabhi react nahi karta, toh aaj kyu?"

"Kal bhabhi ka hamari family ka hissa banne ke baad se pehla Raksha Bandhan hai bhaiya," Rudra looks at him, "aur jaisa ki maine aapki shaadi pe kaha tha, woh meri sister in-law baad me hain, sister pehle hain. Mai chahta hoon ki kal woh mere saath ho."
Shivaay smiles.

This was the first time that Raksha Bandhan was being celebrated in the mansion with all the brothers being married. And Rudra wanted all of them to be together on this occasion. The thought that Annika will be missing wasn't sitting well with him.

"Mujhe nahi pata. Agar kal bhabhi ghar par nahi hui toh mai unse kabhi baat nahi karunga." He says, and leaves to his room.

Shivaay sighs, thinking of a plan to convince him.
______________________________________

The next morning, Rudra is sitting in the living room with a frown on his face, when there is a knock on the door.

The frown on his face turns into a smile, and he and Shivaay run to open the door, only to be engulfed into a tight hug as the door opens.

"Maine aap dono ko bahut miss kiya," she breaks the hug, and Shivaay looks at her with a smile.

"Prinku, what a pleasant surprise! Maine bilkul nahi socha tha ki meri behen aaj yahan hogi." He says, and hugs her again.

"Kaise na hoti? Aaj ka din hi kuch aisa hai," she walks forward to Om and hugs him, "aaj toh mujhe yahan hona hi tha."
"Ranveer nahi aaya tere saath?" Om asks her, and she nods negatively. "Unhe ek zaruri mission pe jaana tha." She says, and then looks at Rudra, who has a look of disappointment on his face.

"Rudra bhaiya?" She walks to him, "aap mere aane se khush nahi ho?"
He looks at her, nodding negatively.
"Aisa kuch nahi hai. Woh mai bas kuch soch raha tha."
Nodding at him, Priyanka meets the rest of the family too.