31| its the way we love.

"Sorry Shivaay, yahan last minute kaam aa gaya toh mujhe thoda time aur lag jaayega," Annika says, talking to Shivaay over the phone, "kal aa jaungi pakka," she says cutely.

"Fine," Shivaay says, frustration clear in his voice, "aur koi choice bhi toh nahi hai," he says, and disconnects the call.

Annika had gone away for an event management project to Delhi for the past 4 days, and as she told Shivaay about needing one more day before she came back, the throbbing in his forehead, that had been going on for the past three days since he had not held her in his arms, slightly increased. When was he getting to be with her again?

Annika, on the other hand, smiled after disconnecting the call. She was planning to surprise Shivaay when she reaches home today, after telling him that it will take her one more day to come back.
He will be so happy when he sees her!
Lost in his thoughts, she boards the flight back to Mumbai.

Meanwhile, OmRu enter Shivaay's room to see him massaging his forehead with a frown on his face.
They smile at each other, and go ahead to sit on either side of him.

"Kya hua bhaiya?" Rudra asks him in a teasing tone, but it goes unnoticed by Shivaay.
"Kuch nahi, just a slight headache," he says, not looking at him.
"Haan toh dawai le le na, Shivaay," Om says, and Shivaay looks at him. Medicines are not going to help him!

"Nahi I'm okay. Mai office jaa raha hoon, kaam me busy ho gaya toh pata bhi nahi chalega," he says, and getting up from the bed, leaves.
OmRu smile after him. They knew his headache was because he hasn't seen Annika in so long. They are just thinking about her when Rudra's phone rings with Annika's call.

"Hello bhabhi," he chirps.
"Hello Rudy! Kya kar raha hai?"
"Mai toh kuch nahi kar raha. Par aap jaldi waapas aao, bhaiya se nahi raha jaa raha aapke bina," he says with a laugh.
Annika laughs back.
"Maine tujhe wahi puchne ke liye phone kiya tha. Shivaay ghar pe hi hain?"
"Abhi thodi der pehle tak toh the," he replies, "lekin unhone itne dinon se aapko nahi dekha toh unka sar dard ho raha hai. Office gaye hain logon pe apna gussa nikalne," he says, giggling.

Annika laughs again, "pahunchne wali hoon mai bas. Lekin unhe mat batana, unhe maine yeh bola hai ki mai kal aaungi." She says, and as they both bid their goodbyes, she disconnects the call.

And as she gets out of the airport, where she had called Khanna to wait for her, she has planned to go directly to his office to surprise him.
She bubbles in excitement as she gets into the car with Khanna, and tells him to go to his office.

"Par ma'am, office kyu? Sir toh-"
"Maine kaha na Khannaji. Maine Rudra se baat ki hai, usne bataya ki Shivaay office me hi hain."
He nods at her, and they both leave.

When they reach, she gets out of the car with a smile and goes inside. Greeting the receptionist, she is walking to the lift to reach Shivaay's cabin on the top floor of the office building, when she collides with Mishra on the way.

"Ma'am, aap yahan?"
"Haan Mishraji. Mai woh, Shivaay se milne aayi thi. Suna hai unka mood bahut kharab hai?"
"Haan ma'am, achanak hi unka mood kharab ho gaya hai. Waise toh hamesha itne khush rehte hain, kuch 3-4 dinon se bahut zyada gussa karne lag gaye hain." He looks away, and then mutters under his breath, "meri toh band hi baj gayi hai." He says slowly, but Annika heard him, and giggled.

"Koi baat nahi Mishraji, ab mai aa gayi hoon na, ab sab theek ho jaayega," she says, and looking at him with a smile, gets into the lift.

Inside his cabin, Shivaay is working on his laptop with a frown on his face, when there is a knock on the door.
Granting permission, he looks at the door, to see one of his assistants, Riya, entering.
"Riya? Aap yahan? Maine toh Mishra ko bulaya tha, woh kahan hai?"