Nerd Alert • Nothing's Wrong

*Zach's POV*

I was dancing with the boys when I heard a commotion over by the pool table. I looked over and saw y/n dancing on it. I knew this wasn't gonna end well.

Zach: Uh guys. Y/n. Pool table.

They looked over and saw what she was doing.

Jack: Holy shit! I know I told her to let loose but damn.

Jonah: At least she's having fun right?

Zach: Shouldn't we get her down? What if she falls?

Corbyn: If you're so worried then go get her.

I made my way through the crowd and walked over to the pool table.

Zach: Y/n get down right now.

You: Fuck you Herron! I'm gonna stay up here and shake my ass for all the single men that want it!

Zach: Y/n you're gonna fall get down! Now!

You: No I'm not fuck off!

Just then, she tripped over a ball causing her to fall backwards thankfully I ran quick enough to catch her before she landed on the floor. I held her in my arms and carried her to the guest room. I laid her in bed and took off her heels.

You: Zach?

Zach: Hm?

You: If I tell you something will you get mad at me?

Zach: I'd never get mad at you.

I chuckled at her question. I've never gotten mad at her before. Not seriously at least. But what she said, shocked me.

You: I still love Corbyn.

Zach: What?

You: Mhm. I never stopped loving him. I didn't tell him tho don't worry. Your secrets safe with me shhhhh.

Zach: Does Jonah know?

You: Nope. I'm so mad and jealous. He's dating the girl he told me not to worry about. And he talks to me like I'm his friend. I just want to kiss him and hold him and...I miss him. But oh well. It's ok tho Zachy the secret is safe with me shhhhhh.

She giggled. Her glasses fell off her face. I saw her bruise. I wanted to ask but she was half asleep and I'm already in shock so I just tucked her in and held her hand.

Zach: Get some rest ok?

You: Hm.

Soon after a bit she fell asleep. Me still in shock by what she told me. She's still in love with Corbyn. And he has no clue.

*End of Zach's POV*

I woke up the next morning with a pounding in my head. I looked at myself and saw I was wearing a large t-shirt. I didn't remember anything from last night. It was all a blur. Hopefully I didn't do anything too crazy. I got up slowly and walked out. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. Fixed my hair and grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around myself. I went to the kitchen and saw Zach cooking. I went behind him and hugged him wrapping the blanket around him as well. He turned around and hugged me tight, transferring his warmth to me.

Zach: Good morning starshine

You: The earth says hello.

Zach: Did you sleep well?

You: My head hurts.

Zach: Drink some water, that'll help.

I laid my head on his chest and stayed close to him. He kissed my head and rubbed my back. I know what you're thinking and no. We don't have feelings for each other. Me and Zach's friendship has always been this way. We don't like each other we just love each other's company. I'm happy to have someone like him who I can talk to and be myself around. He's my best friend and that's it. That's all it is.

Zach: Wanna tell me what happened to your eye?

My eye. I completely forgot about it.

You: Uhm nothing I just fell.

Zach: That was not just a fall. Y/n please tell me what happened.

You: It was nothing really.

Jonah: What was nothing?

You: Nothing.

Zach: Y/n...

Jonah: What's going on?

I covered my face scared of the reaction I'd get.

Daniel: Morning people. I dragged Corbyn and Jack out of bed

Corbyn: Yea thanks for that.

Jonah: Corbyn shut up. Y/n. Zach. What the hell is going on?

Jack: What's wrong?

You: For the last time, nothings wrong!

Zach: Y/n you're making this more difficult then it needs to be. Just tell us.

You: No!

I was fed up with it and dropped the blanket and ran.

Jonah: Get her!

All of a sudden I heard footsteps behind me. I ran through the living room to lose them hopefully. I ran towards the guest room and just as I was about to make it to the door I feel a pair of arms grab my waist and pull me back. I covered my face of course.

Corbyn: Y/n stop.

I hated this. The feeling of his arms around my waist. But he wasn't mine. I started to tear up as the memories of me and him came flooding back.

You: Leave me alone Besson.

I could never say his name after what happened. So I started calling him by his last name.

Corbyn: Bullshit. Why are you covering your face?

You: It's nothing!

Corbyn: Fuck this!

He pinned me to the wall and moved my hands away from my face. I looked down trying to hide it. He lifted my head and saw the bruise. His face instantly dropped into a frown.

Corbyn: Who did this to you?

You: Why does it matter to you?

Corbyn: Because I care about you now tell me who did this to you.

You: You care about me? Bullshit. You haven't even-...never mind..

Corbyn: What?

You: Nothing.

Corbyn: Y/n...who did this to you?

I looked down and let a few tears fall from my face. I felt a pain grow in my stomach.

You: Andrew..

Corbyn: Your..your boss?

My words were choked. All I could do is nod in response. Corbyn brought me into a warm embrace and held me tight. I started to cry into his chest. For the first time in a while, I felt really vulnerable and sensitive around Corbyn. He rubbed my back trying to calm me down and stayed with me till I did. He picked me up and took me into the guest room. He closed the door and sat me on the bed. He crouched down in front of me and held my hand.

Corbyn: Did this happen last night?

You: Before I left work..I told him I was quitting and he held me back. He...he slapped me..and then..he..

I broke into tears thinking about it. He pulled me into another hug.

Corbyn: Shhh it's ok it's ok. You're here with us and you're safe now ok? I got you.

"I got you." In that moment, Corbyn really showed that he cared. Part of me wanted to tell him how I felt towards him but the other part reminded me about Lera. It'd be wrong and stupid of me to tell him when he's with someone else. I hate that I want him because I know I can't have him.