Nerd Alert • Can't Pretend

*Corbyn's POV*

I left y/n alone for a bit to calm down and told the boys what happened. To be honest it broke my heart knowing that she was physically hurt. Zach pulled me apart from the boys. Which isn't an everyday thing.

Zach: Ok y/n told me something crazy last night.

Corbyn: What did she say?

Zach: Well she was drunk but I could tell she meant it so-

Corbyn: Just tell me.

Zach: She still loves you.

Corbyn: What!

Zach: Shush! I don't think the others know. She told me she missed you. She still has feelings for you.

Corbyn: Well..I'm gonna talk to her.

Zach: No Corbyn don't.

*End of Corbyn's POV*

Corbyn came back into the room with Zach chasing after him. He tried to close the door but Zach managed to make it in before the door shut.

Zach: Corbyn shut up!

Corbyn: You still love me y/n?

You: What!

Zach: Oh no.

Corbyn: Listen I.. how do I say this.

You: You don't. Cause that is false information. Why would I still love you? I broke up with you so it'd make absolutely no sense for me to miss you when I was the one to leave you. Right? Right. So I'm gonna grab my stuff and head home and we can forget this ever happened? Ok great.

Corbyn: No y/n listen please. Zach told me-

You: Zach!..Zach! Where did you get this information?

Zach: From..you

You: I never said this. And even if I did feel...this I'd never say it to anyone!

Zach: You told me last night when I put you to bed.

It all hit me. Last night came flooding back and I did, unfortunately, say that. Why did I have those drinks? I tried to play it off.

You: I...don't remember. If I don't remember then it didn't happen.

Zach: Yea cause you were drunk.

Corbyn: Y/n. Just tell me the truth. Do you or do you not still have feelings for me?

You: You know what. I have to go. I have a busy day today.

I quickly grabbed my things and went for the door but Corbyn stopped me.

You: Corbyn..let go.

Corbyn: Not until you tell me the truth.

You: Why does it matter to you. It's irrelevant. Don't worry about me I'll be fine.

Daniel: Corbyn! Lera's here!

Corbyn: I'll be there!

You: I'm leaving.

I got out of his grip and walked out the room. I headed for the front door walking pass Lera. Corbyn chasing after me. I stopped to grab my keys.

Lera: Corbyn hey babe.

Corbyn: Hey uh- now is not a good time. I-

Lera: But we have our lunch date remember?

Corbyn: I know I know I just- I can't today ok?

Lera: Because of her?

"Her." Nice to know I was seen as a threat to Lera. Why would she be jealous though? I made eye contact with Corbyn to let him know I was leaving and he couldn't do anything to stop me.

Corbyn: I-...Lera it- I just can't today ok?

With that. I left. I walked down the street where I parked my motorcycle and got on. I was just about to start the engine when I heard my name being called out. Zach.

Zach: Y/n wait! Ok I know you're mad-

You: Mad! I'm more than mad Zach! So what I miss him! That's not for you to go around screaming to the whole world! It's my thing not yours! You know how painful it was to hold that it for so long but it was ok because as long as I didn't tell anyone no one else got hurt! Why the fuck would you tell him!

Zach: I did that for your own good! He deserved to know!

You: That's not for you to decide!

Corbyn: Y/n!

I looked back and saw him. I couldn't handle this. I started the engine and put on my helmet.

Zach: Y/n stop! Where are you going!

You: Just leave me alone!

Corbyn: Y/n wait! Can we at least talk!

With that I drove off. Tears formed in my eyes. It was pathetic of me to still love someone that I knew didn't want me. Pathetic to think that there was still a chance for me and him. But again, maybe in another life. Another love.