20 | Musashi festival

Y/n smiled when she heard those words rolled out of Rindou's lips. "Really? Oh you're red" y/n joked as Rindou blushed shaking his head. "It's true!" He heard a low giggle from the girl, nodding.  "Okay, okay... Fine...not romantically though, Nii-san will kill me"

"Not romantically" Rindou said bitterly, nodding. 'Damn I just got rejected' he thought but a tag by his jacket suddenly pop his bubble. Looking down at his side, he saw a girl with red hair. "Can you help me find my mom?" The little kid asked, looking down on the ground as she sniffles.

Rindou look at y/n who's staring at the little kid beside him. "Rin! You have a child!?" Y/n asked as a joke. Rindou grow an irk mark on his head but it soon fades when he remember there's a little child beside him. "Y/n help me search for her mother" Rindou pick up the child as y/n came to his side and nodded.

The two of them went to the entrance of the mazed like field. "Mama!!" The little girl shouted, running to her mother as she hugged her. The mother pick up her child as the father smiled at them. "I miss mom" y/n whispered out. "Me too" Rindou agreed.

The two left in silence, going back to where they came from earlier and stopped when they reach a dead end.

"This field really is a maze" Rindou said. "I'm curious, Rindou" looking back Rindou hummed in question. "Where's your mother?" Rindou frozed, seeing the reaction Rindou gave her y/n panicked. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean—" "It's okay, I'll tell you" Rindou said.

He started his story.

𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 1995 ( 𝗼𝗻 𝗛𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗶 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲)

A family of four is eating dinner when suddenly the father of the family stand up. "Darling, are you okay?" The mother asked, as the father only shakes his head.

"I'm sorry" he kneeled in front of his wife as he cried, a 10 years old Rindou and a 13 years old Ran is sitting on thier chairs as they look at each other in confusion.

"I— I sold you to one of my boss" thier father said to thier mother. Mrs. Haitani stand up feeling disgusted by her husband. "Are you out of your fucking mind!?" She shouted at him, "You fucking sold me to your fucking boss!?" She shouted again, glaring at Ran and Rindou.

"Ran take your brother and leave the house" thier mother spoke to them. "Go and leave us to talk!" She shouted. Ran didn't wanna get scolded so he obliged to her orders.

Taking Rindou before walking out of the dining area. "Ran-nii? Why is mom and dad fighting?" Rindou asked, looking at his brother as Ran only smiled at him, forcing himself to lie to Rindou. "They're just uhmmmm..... Talking about our little baby that's on mom's belly, you're excited seeing her right?" Rindou smiled hearing those words. "Of course, I am! I'm going to be a big brother!" Rindou happily smiled as Ran held a bitter one. Before a loud explosion erupted the night behind them.

Looking back, Ran and Rindou saw thier house on fire.

Ran put Rindou down and hurriedly went inside but Rindou held his brother's leg. "Nii don't go! Don't leave me!" Rindou pleaded to Ran leaving Ran having no choice but to pick up his brother and run to the nearest police station to report what happened.

When the police and fire department came, the fire has already filled the house; Ran and Rindou only watch in despair even after the police tried to prey thier eyes to not look at the burnt bodies that the fire department is carrying but they insisted on watching. Rindou cried that time, as Ran only hugged him. Sobbing lowly as they both got carried by thier uncle.

After that day, Rindou and Ran forced to be in Roppongi; living with thier uncle who's in Singapore and leave the house to them.

"And that's how I lost them" Rindou ended, with a tear slipping down his eyes. Y/n have tears on her eyes when she found out about what's happened to Rindou's parents, it saddened her but she knew she needs to comfort the boy more than herself.