The challege and someone new

Tanya's POV

We were getting ready for practice today and the boys were just finishing up changing after I set up everything in the gym and got changed myself. I heard them talking about a person in the magazine, and I was about to walk away till I heard one of the scream. "TANYA'S THE WHAT NOW???!!!!" They screamed and Hyuga came out and grabbed my arming pulling me in shoving the magazine in my face. "How come your in here and yet you don't act any different?!?" He said. When I took it away from him to see it I saw it was me laughing yet playing at the same time. As I looked closer I started to remember that game. It was against a group of guys who loved basketball, and didn't give up even after they lost. I started smiling, because my own theory was right, basketball would help. Well since it did wake me from the coma and it was the only thing pushing me through the therapy I had.

"I guess it's because it would never change who I am. I love basketball and no matter the opponent I always smiled because they have it there all." I said and looked at them as they smiled back. When one of the freshmen's asked where coach was and the other said he saw her skipping. This made all second years flinch which made me worry, and as hyuga started telling us why it made me smile. As we got in the gym Riko told us we'd be going against the high school called Kaijo. I suddenly heard whispers, I looked over before anyone else did and saw a group of girls surrounding a boy with blonde hair in a grey uniform. It was after a girl squealed that everyone else looked over, and kuroko came closer to me. "Heh sorry about this everyone could you maybe give us five minutes." The boy said. His voice was familiar, but it hurt to try and remember where from. "What's Ryota Kise doing here?" Riko asked confused more than anything.

As all the girls left he finally jumped off the stage and starting walking towards us. "It's good to see you Kurokochii, and-" he stopped in his tracks both words and walking when he looked at me. "Um hi? Do I know-" I couldn't finish for the boy tackled me to the ground with his arms around my waist and his head almost buried in my chest. "TANYACHII! I MISSED YOU!!" He yelled and started balling like a baby. I couldn't react because my mind was banging from a memory that was coming back.

*Memory*

"TANYACHII!! There being mean!!" The yellow haired boy said tackling me to the ground. "Get off of her kise. She doesn't need your whining." A green haired boy said walking away. "Kise why did you tackle me this time? Did they make you do extra again?" I said chuckling and he simply nodded his head in my chest like a five year old. "Ok ok don't ruin my gym clothes these are all I have. Come on I'll help you." I said prying him off and flipping myself over to get up. "You will tanyachii?" He said still sitting on the ground. "Yes, that's what friends do dumb dumb." "Thank you!!!"

*Memory ends*

I came back to the present and looked down to see kise with his head in my chest and I sighed. 'He hasn't changed clearly.' I thought and I slowly took my hand and ran it through his hair. "Kise why did you tackle me?" I asked very confused still trying to figure out who he really is. He looked up to me as if I just asked a question that he would've never heard again. "No reason tanyachii. It's just been so long I thought you disappeared during third year." He said hugging me tighter that it almost hurt. I tried to pry him off but he just hugged tighter, so I had to figure out a way to get him to let go. I sighed knowing he was going to complain, but it had to be done. I raised my arm and I ent straight down on his shoulder. I was right knowing it would get him off. I moved as quick as I could to get up. Kuroko came beside me almost like he wanted to protect me.

Kise's POV

Tanyachii hit me really hard it hurts, but not as bad as she could have. I remember when she hit aominechii once when he was being a pervert and he couldn't play correctly for two weeks. I looked up to see her already standing and kurokochii in front of her. 'Since when did this happen' I thought, but I got up and started getting to the reason why I came here. I was about to ask kurokochii to come play for my team, but tanyachii's eyes moved faster than I could, but I had enough time to catch the ball coming my way from a tall red head. "Kagami!!" Tanyachii yelled making the guy flinch and nearly me flinching as well it was demanding, like when some of us got on her bad side. "Come on pretty boy play with me you didn't just come all the way down here just to say hi." He taunted me.

I took a side glance to the girl I've come to respect as way better than me and saw her sighing. Meaning she knew this would be something that had happened. I looked back at kagami and said, "alright. I have to thank you for that little show you put on." Taking off my jacket and loosening my tie. I rolled my sleeves up getting ready. The ball was tossed to me by tanyachii who looked at both of us. "This is just a small game, whoever scores the first basket wins ok?" She said with her hand on her hip nearly giving kagami the death eye. I almost felt bad, he didn't even know the full power hiding behind that glare. Kurokochii, myself and the rest of the miracles do, and we fear it to this day. As she walked back to her team we started. I was able to get past him, but he caught up pretty quickly. I decided to use the same move he used against his teammate in their practice earning me the basket.

I was not impressed. "This isn't right at all. I was hoping to have a challenge. I know come play with us kurokochii and tanyachii like old times. All three of us" I said looking to both of them. "It's a generous offer Kise, but I must decline your kind offer." Kurokochii said slightly bowing. "That doesn't make any sense, winning was everything to us back then." I tried to reason with him, but I heard behind him. "Winning isn't everything if you don't play to the fullest with your teammates otherwise it's nothing. You sound like someone I should remember right now but I can't so I'll say this-" I saw tanyachii looking at me with slight anger in her eyes and I froze too scared to move. "If you think you can win alone then chose a different sport basketball is a TEAM sport that your suppose to trust your teammates. If you can't then your alone and flying solo." She finished saying before calming down and started to walk away.

I left there school after getting the challenge from kagami still wondering what happened to tanyachii. I got back to my school for practice only to be gut punched by my captain. "Your late you bastard." He said, "I'm sorry kasamatsu-senpai. I got held up trying to get a friend to come here for school." I said slightly in pain. "What friend?" Kasamatsu said raising his eyebrow. I was about to talk when coach came over and asked the same thing so I said to him to gather the team and I'd show them online videos of the girl I admire. We got to the room and kasamatsu looked at me, "so you going to show or what?" He said getting annoyed. "Just give it a sec. Ah there we go." I pressed play and we began to watch tanyachii play. The boys were surprised by how good she was, but I saw coach start shaking. "Coach what's a matter?" I asked and everyone turned towards him. "That girl she plays a lot like someone else I know. Not to mention she looks familiar.... Wait a minute-" was all he said before he got to the laptop and started searching something up. It took a few seconds till we all heard yelling and cheering. We faced back to the video to see that it was different. "This game was against a team with with both teams having one female, but the other one wasn't known for a good reason. They were known for hurting their opponents in the game. I think I know who your talking about kise. It's Tanya from Teiko correct." He said and I simply nodded not being able to look away from this game, because of the horrible things that were happening. 'So that's what happened to the third year who was forced out. Poor guy.' I thought. "She wasn't seen for a whole year after this game kise, because this game was her last game of middle school." Coach said almost sadly, and I looked at him confused. Then when I looked back she was racing around the court like nothing. Scared of what was to come the other guys came closer. At the very end we still won that game, but we lost her. "It's rumored that right as soon as she sat down her body finally caught up to her, and her entire body shut down putting her into a three month coma. Then afterwards the rumors began saying that she was in therapy trying to relearn how to walk, talk, read, write, and even jump. An entire year of her life taken away Kise. She's lost a lot already, but that could've have ruined her life." My coach said looking at the screen where it stopped on her limp body on the ground. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, and part of me now understood why she looked confused as to who I was.

For the girl I have admired, and started to fall for had forgotten her past. And I wasn't there when she needed people the most.