The Jerk and the Copycat

Tanya's POV 

     I woke up slowly seeing a bright light. Groaning i sat up slowly. I looked around and saw i was in the infirmary. 'How did I-' I thought trying to remember what happened but, now thinking about it i remember everything, even everything of my past and my parents all of it!! My mind is back, im back. I was smiling, and i could remember everything. "Tanya! Your up?!" I heard Taiga yell in shock. I turned to face him, but he had already hugged me, still being careful of my shoulder his reaction surprised me very much "Taiga?" I said quietly. "Please dont scare me like that again. You keep fighting harder than all of us, yet every time you get hurt i worry so much more about you." He said i couldnt even understand what he was getting at. "Taiga what do you mean? What are you saying?" I asked as he pulled away he cupped my cheek staring at me so intently. I couldn't help but slightly squirm in embarrassment. 

Taiga's POV

      I looked deep into her eyes i couldnt bring myself to look away from her teal eyes. I could see the blush on her cheeks growing darker the more i stared, but i never wanted to look away. "Tanya. You are the reason i want to keep playing so much with our upperclassman, and Kuroko. You made me see that playing together is so much better than going in by myself so recklessly. Everytime i saw you fight it made me want to practice and train that much harder to protect you, because you're always saving my ass. I know how strong you are, but i never want to see you get hurt like this again. I can't take it anymore, because i worry about you Tanya. You've showed me so much and yet have made me realize what it is in basketball i truly wish and desire to do. I can't bare to lose you Tanya." I said staring at her as she blushed at everything i said and her eyes getting wider. 

    "Y-you care that much?" She asked still wide eyed. I moved some of her hair from her face making her already dark red face even darker. As she looked away but with my hand still near her cheek i made her look at me once more. "Please Tanya, promise you'll stop getting hurt. I can't see you in pain anymore. You're precious to me i care about you Tanya." I said as i heard her gasp but slightly start crying. Wiping  the tear that slipped down i leaned in slowly if i met with resistance, but i didn't. I saw her close her eyes gently as i took the final leap of faith and kissed her. 

    Her lips were softer than anything i could have imagined, and they tasted like vanilla and strawberries. They were so sweet i couldnt get enough of it. I felt her hand on my chest gripping my jacket. I slowly pulled away, and looked at her as she opened her eyes slowly. Her lips were slightly parted, and her breath was quiet but shallow. "Taiga/Tanya" we both said quietly. I pulled her closer hugging her to my chest burying  my head in her good shoulder. "Tai-" "stay with me please. Let me be with you Tanya please." I said i felt her hug back gently. "Taiga let me think about it ok we have the winter cup to focus on. I want to give you an answer, but i want to give it when we win it all. Can you give me that time?" She said softly in my ear and i nodded my head understanding that right now we are still in the winter cup and the semifinals. 

   "I understand Tanya, i will keep this promise too. Just like my last promise i made. I'll keep it." I said quietly into her hair. "Taiga we need to go cheer kise on. Although i think i might need to go help them understand how to beat Haizaki." She said as i pulled away from her. I know that she has to because she remembers that doucheface and how he plays but its the thought of her getting close to him or kise that i dont want her too. "-iga... Taiga. Taiga!!"  Heard Tanya's voice and looked up she was already up and out of bed. "Lets go. I know I'll be careful, but you know how i am Taiga. I wont sit back while i know how to beat the guy." She said coming closer around the bed. I got up, but i didnt look at her. "Taiga-" "i just dont like the thought of you being around that douche." I said not fully saying that i just wanted her close to me.