Chapter Four

With every step you took towards the club room, the angrier you got. 

Angry at Eddie for making you feel like you could trust him.

Angry at yourself for falling for it. 

Angry at Nick for everything he's ever done. 

Just. Angry. 

At 2:30 on the dot, you stormed into the room to find Eddie sitting in a large, throne-like chair, pouring over some DnD textbook. 

"Hey!" You yell, breaking him out of his trance. Never slowing your gate, you push forward and towards him quickly. 

"Hey, Ms. Per-" is all he can get out before you start whaling and beating on his chest. 

"Y/N, What to fuck?!" He grabs your wrists and holds them in place. 

You struggle to break free but refuse to break eye contact "Munson, I can't believe you!" 

He looks genuinely confused "What'd I do? You're the one who started swinging as soon as you saw me." 

You continue to jerk around your arms in an attempt to break free. And, while he's holding on tightly and not letting go, he's making a great effort not to hurt you. "I can't believe that after everything that happened yesterday you asked me to meet you here to hook up!" You scream into his face, tears brimming. 

You so wish that you were the type of person who could hold a stony exterior when you were mad at someone. But it seemed that every and any strong emotion made you cry. 

A look of understanding seems to cross his face as he lowers your hands from your eye level to rest on his chest. You can feel his heartbeat through his leather and jean jackets. 

He looks you in your eyes earnestly, talking slowly to make sure you know he's not mad "Y/N, I need you to listen real close right now." You temporarily stop your attack. "I'm not trying to sleep with you. I wouldn't do that to you." He continues, slower even than before. "I. Am not. Nick." 

He continues to look into your eyes and gives a little nod, searching for the understanding he desperately needs you to have.  

It takes a bit, but you understand and immediately feel sorry. You intense your arms and lean forward, resting your forehead on Eddie's chest and letting out a sigh of exhaust and relief. 

You whisper into his shirt as he wraps you in his arms for the millionth time in the last two days. "I'm so sorry." 

He doesn't let go. In fact, he holds you tighter, tucking his head into the crook of your neck. "Never be sorry. Nothing's wrong, everything's ok." He keeps saying things along those lines for the next minute or so. Fighting off the panic attack you didn't even know you were on the verge of. 

You pull away from him, but not before he gives you one last squeeze. For some time, you just look into each other's eyes, enjoying the company and companionship. You look down at his chest and notice that he's still wearing the stained Hellfire shirt from the previous day. 

"Why are you still wearing this?" You ask, softly running your fingers over the same spot you placed a phantom kiss not even 24 hours ago. 

He looks down, still loosely holding you "Well, I um. I fell asleep in this and it just happens to be my least dirty shirt at the moment." he laughs softly, looking back at you. 

As you study the small stains you have an idea. You pull away completely from the loose hug. He doesn't do anything but looks slightly disappointed that it's over. "Stay here" you order and sprint away, running through the near-empty halls. 

A few minutes later, you return with a bundled-up hoodie in your hands, panting. You remembered that you had one of your guy friends' hoodies stuffed in your locker from a particularly cold football game. 

"Here." You say, still regaining your breath. 

He looks down at it.  It's a plain black hoodie and while it might be old, it doesn't smell or anything. "No thanks, Missy. I'm good." He pushes it back towards you. 

This frustrates you. You want to do something nice for him. You feel bad about staining his fancy Hellfire shirt and cleaning it is the least you could do for him after the last two days you've had together. 

"Edward Munson." You put on your babysitter voice, stern and cold. "You will be changing shirts and you will let me take that one home for cleaning." 

A small blush creeps up his neck. Unexpected, but not unwelcomed. A smirk also appears as he takes the hoodie from you. "Ok, Ms. Perfect. If you insist." He takes off his two jackets that were on top of the t-shirt. "Don't have to ask me to strip twice." 

He crosses his arms in front of him at the bottom of the shirt and takes it off so quickly, that you don't have the time to turn around beforehand. 

You let out a small scream "EDDIE"

He starts into a laughing fit. "Christ Y/N! Could you be any more spooked by a shirtless guy?" He's crouching now, balancing on the heels of his feet. "It's like you're Amish or something, sweetheart."

You count to 15 in your head and turn around. you were unaware of his position and assumed he'd have a shirt on by now. You were heavily mistaken. When you turn around and see him on the ground, shirtless, with his tattoos on full display, you turn beet-red. 

In a temporary lapse of judgment, you stride over to him and get really close to his face. In barely a whisper you say. "Fine, Eddie, leave it off." Looking him up and down, you go on "'S like I mind." you say as you smirk. 

This shuts him up right quicksand it's his turn to be beet-red. At that moment, you snatch the hoodie, t-shirt, and various jackets away from him and start running like hell.