Chapter Six

Jesus Christ! As soon as the door is closed and Eddie's out of the driveway you run up to your room and slam the door shut. 

"I can't believe that just happened."  You think to yourself. 

You've postponed your freak-out for as long as you could. It truly takes every fiber of your being to not scream at the top of your lungs. Before yesterday, you wouldn't have looked twice seeing Eddie in the halls. But Now? He occupies every square inch of your mind. You quickly rush back downstairs to wash the clothes you promised you would but not before making extra sure that his jackets weren't going to get ruined. 

After that's all done, you go back to your room and get straight into bed. Thankful that it's a Friday and you don't have to go back to school tomorrow. 

-~-~-The Next Day-~-~-

You burst into the Family Video where your friends Robin Buckly and Steve Harrigtion work "Robin! I need to talk to you. Now." 

Robin turns around "Jeez, Y/N. You can't just come bursting in like that! Saturday is a really busy day here, you know." 

You go behind the counter and give her a quick hug "Yeah, yeah I know. But it's important, Rob." You flash puppy-dog eyes at her and clasp your hand together. "Pleaseeeeee?" 

She stares at you, not really buying it. But, she always caves "Ugh, fine." 

She continues looking at you signaling that you can tell her what you're thinking. 

And so you do, you rant about everything that's happened over the last couple of days. "Ok, so you know how I've been kinda fooling around with Nick Smith for a while?" 

She groans and goes to restock some of the tapes "How could I forget that tool?"

You give her a look "Yeah, he is a tool." Looking to your lap you have a minor flashback, but shake it off "Anyways we got into a fight of some kind in his car and you'll never guess who came to save me." You felt slightly bad for leaving out the major detail of Nick assaulting you, but you're not that ready to talk about it yet.

"Who?"

"Eddie.Munson." 

This gets her full attention "So your knight in shining white armor? Is Eddie "The Freak" Munson?" 

Sucking in your bottom lip, you nod yes.

Robin laughs "Y/N L/N, I can't believe you right now!" she scoffs and hops up to sit on the counter "And you waited until now to tell me?" 

"Not exactly, there's more." 

You tell her about almost everything, including him kissing your hand yesterday. You did, however, twist the truth on certain shirtless escapades from the clubhouse.

Just as you're finishing up the story, Steve walks out of a back room. He must have been rewinding some return tapes or something. "What're you guys talking about without me?" 

Robin turns to face him "Oh nothing, just Y/N's sexcapades with Muson." She looks back at you with a devilish gleam in her eyes.

You turn a deep red and turn to Steve "Not sexcapades! We were both fully clothed." 

Which isn't a total lie, he only had his shirt off for, like, 15 minutes. 

Another laugh comes from Robin "Oh, sure. Now, Y/N, what would you call running around the clubhouse, hiding from him, and him holding you bridal style multiple times, and the night ending in a kiss?" 

By some unfair act of god, your blush deepens "We didn't kiss! He just kissed my hand and held it to his chest and..." You trail off.

"And?" Steve seems invested now. He's been weirdly obsessed with your and Robins's love lives lately.

You shake your head "Do you know him at all?" 

He shrugs "We had a few classes together junior and senior year. Well, my senior year." 

"Ok"

He leans in slightly "Why?"

You look at him quizzically "Do you know anyone he lets call him something other than Eddie?" 

Steve chuckles "Not if they don't want a broken nose. I don't know why but nicknames sort of always pissed him off." 

"Huh... Ok" 

Robin leans in as well now "Why're you so interested in nicknames, sweet Y/N?"

You look up at her "Oh, it's nothing." 

It takes what seems like a fraction of a second for the two of them to start chanting "Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!"

"Fine! Fine! Jesus! Fine!" You put your hands up to your ears in a mock 'It's way too loud in here' gesture.

Then, you sigh "Well, when we were hanging out the other day, I called him Ed. And I immediately said sorry and that it was stupid but then, he said it was ok. He also said, and I quote 'No, I like it. You can call me Ed if you want.'."

You look back up at your friends, both of them slack-jawed. "What?" 

Steve speaks up this time "Y/N, last time I saw someone call him Ed, they landed in a leg cast for 2 months." 

Robin nods "Yeah, mmhm I remember that. Danny Castello, he missed the Spring Fling." 

"Really?" That sounded nothing like the Ed you've come to know. 

After both of them adimitly approving, you stick around for about another hour shooting the shit. 

"Ok, guys, I'll see you at school." You say as you hop off the counter and stretch. You have to get going before the sky even thinks about getting darker if you want to get your bike. 

You leave the store and head towards the school, kicking yourself for not bringing a walkman. Once you get there you're overcome with an intense nervousness. That night with Nick took place only about 50 feet to your right. But, you stay strong and keep moving forward. 

Thankfully, no one took your bike. You let out a sigh of relief because your mom would have totally killed you if you lost that thing. Taking off the chain and leading it out of the woods, you walk past the clubhouse and can't help but smile. Memories of the previous day flood you in comforting warmth.  

You bike all the way back home, suddenly not so upset over your lack of music as the sounds of the streets and nature seem to be entertainment enough.