Chapter Thirteen

You slept the whole night through, a rare occurrence since the night in the parking lot. It simultaneously seemed a lifetime ago and like it was yesterday.

When you did wake up, it was to the blaring sound of an alarm clock and lazy rays of sunlight streaming through the trailer windows. You were barely conscious but you felt the pressure of something heavy laying on your chest and the scratchy-soft feeling of hair between your fingers. The actions from the previous night were slightly burry from the drug use, but the strands of green in your peripheral view and the dull throb on your face and ears reminded you.

Opening your eyes completely, you're met with the sight of Eddie laying on top of you, sound asleep. Your hands were tangled in his hair and his arms sat snuggly tucked under your sides. The entire thing felt extremely comforting like you were meant to be here, laying with him, your whole life.

Running your hands softly through his hair, starting at his temple and ending down his back, where his hair halted, you whisper "Eddie~"

He stirs slightly but doesn't wake up completely.

You shift so that you're able to bring his hand you to face, lightly kisses his knuckles "C'mon Eds, time to wake up."

This does a better job at rousing him, the movement of his arm and you talking louder in combination wake him.

He raises his head, only enough so that he can see you, and smiles the most innocent smile you've ever seen "Hi."

You can't help but laugh a little "Hi." You respond.

The two of you sit there for a little while longer, just enjoying the morning in a way that neither of you ever knew you could. You continue to stroke his hair and he just squeezes you tighter.

"Are you going to get off of me any time soon?" You ask half-joking.

He inhales deeply and scoots up a little so that he can reach your face, planting a kiss on your jawline "Don't count on it."

You look over at the alarm clock, turned off, and discarded the moment Eddie was fully awake. "Shit, Eds. We're going to be late for school."

He groans "Let's just skip."

"Absolutely not." You brush some hair out of his face "Don't you want to show your master styling to the school?" you say, making puppy-dog eyes.

He groans again, flopping down on your chest once more before pushing himself up and out of the bed "Fine."

You also get up to stretch and yawn before getting ready for the day.

Eddie takes about 10 minutes flat to get ready, you, however, take much longer. You've never worn the outfit you got yesterday outside of the dressing room in the mall. It's a lot more involved than you remember.

Once you're finally dressed, there's about 5 minutes left until the first bell rings. You look at your unkempt hair and bare face, feeling naked. You quickly call your mom, thankful she picks up the phone on the first ring, informing her that you'll be stopping by to grab a few things before school.

"Ok, but your father, Lindsey, and I are already heading out the door for the day."

"That's fine." You reply "I have my spare key."

You bid her a good day, say I love you, and then rush to the living room area to meet Eddie.

Upon seeing you in the full get-up, he's speechless "Wow, I-."

You cut him off "No time, We have to go to my house before school."

"Why? I thought you wanted to be on time?" He asks.

"We'll make it." You say assuredly.

You both pile into Eddie's van and peel out of the trailer park.

You're on the clock when you pull up to your house. At lightning speed, you open the door and find a hairbrush, some makeup, and a different pair of shoes. Your white cheer shoes didn't really fit the rest of the outfit so you pulled on some black lace-up boots.

When you race out of the house and lock it, there's barely any time left at all, you were defiantly going to be late.

When you expressed this to Eddie, he just said "What's your first?"

You respond, starting to put on some dark eyeshadow and eyeliner, matching it with a blood-red lip "Study."

He just scoffs lightly and looks over at you "Only Y/N would worry so much about being late to a free period."

This hurts your feelings a little, but you didn't want to tell him. "Whatever."

He seems to realize that he's hurt your feelings and apologizes when the two of you pull up to the school. In an effort to make you feel better, he points to the doors, students still lazily filtering in "Look, we're not even late."

This does make you feel better, him apologizing and pointing out the other students is something Nick would've never bothered to do. In fact, none of the other guys you knew would do it. Eddie really was just a softy under it all.

As you both exit the van, you are sort of grateful that the parking lot isn't as full as it would've been had you arrived earlier. If it had been at its usual capacity, your brain might have fried under the pressure. There were, however, some students milling about who saw you exit Eddies van. Some temporary shelter was the fact that you were near unrecognizable.

As the two of you neared the school's entrance, Eddie grabbed your hand. When you looked up quizzically, he pointed to his face and simply said "Boyfriend." Smiling.

His simplicity made you laugh and took off the edge of the stares your new appearance was garnering. He walked you all the way to your class, but then, he followed you in and sat at the desk next to you.

"What're you doing?" You hissed.

"Skipping." Was his reply.

"Won't you get in trouble?"

He only shrugged his shoulders "Maybe, but it's only art."

"You take art classes?"

As he was about to respond, the teacher walked in, thankfully not taking notice of Ed.

You looked at him "We will be talking about that later."

He groaned and sank down lower in his seat but you could tell it was only feigned annoyance.

The teacher went through attendance, everything was going smoothly.

Until he called your name multiple times and you had to make yourself known.