Chapter Thirty-Three

Late that night, a call come into Eddie's trailer. Since Ed usually doesn't have anyone call him, you pick it up. 

"Hello?" You say, yawning. You were seconds away from falling asleep on the couch. You and Ed were having a movie marathon of some weird sci-fi stuff you've never heard of. 

"Is this Y/N Y/L/N?" The unknown voice questions. 

"Um, yes it is? Who is this?" 

"This is Chief Powell, I believe we talked at the station about a day or two ago."

You rub your eyes, remembering him. "Yes sir, I remember. Is something wrong?" 

"Your witnesses checked out, there's now an active warrant for Nicholas Smiths' arrest for sexual assault." 

You're suddenly wide away. You have been urging the police to make your case somewhat of a priority, but you didn't expect headway to be made so soon. "T-that's it? Are you going to him now?" 

"No, ma'am. We'll be going to his family home in the morning. We'd like for you to be picked up by an officer as well. Just to make sure we've got the right guy." 

"Yes! I-I'll be there! Bright and early I'll wait for one of your guys to come to get me. You have the address?" 

"Yes, we do." He says "And, Ms. Y/L/N, I've noticed that you've taken to; I'm unsure of how to phrase it. Bullying? Officer Phil Callahan?" 

You're eyes widen. You wouldn't call it harassment and you can't get arrested for bullying, but what if you messed up? "I- Yes, sir, I guess you could say that, under the pressure of my case being handled, I use some harsh words against him?" You squeezed your eyes shut, afraid of what he would have to say. 

He chuckles softly on the other side of the line "Between you and me? We used to be partners." 

"Really?" You're confused as to where this conversation is going. 

"Yeah, I'll be sending him to pick you up." He says "Give him hell for me, will you?" 

You laugh "Yes sir, I will." 

A few more details are ironed out and you hang up the phone after bidding him goodnight. Eddie is unsurprisingly asleep on the couch. Usually, you'd let him sleep and just cuddle up next to him but you were too excited to not tell him now. 

You shake his shoulder, one of your less gracefully wake-up tactics "Eddie, Ed! Wake Up!" 

He inhales deeply and stretches "Yeah yeah, I'm here, I'm up." He sits up and squints at you "What's happening?" 

"There's an arrest out for Nick. An Officer is coming to pick me up in the morning so I can say that it's really him!" You do your best to breathe, but it all comes out rushed and in one long breath. 

"That's amazing!" He says, pulling you down to the couch next to him. 

"I know!" 

"Is the same guy from the other day coming to get you?" He asks. he's playing with your hair and looking forward, but he sounds somewhat worried. 

"Yeah," You say, confused "Why?" 

"I don't like him." He says simply "I don't like the way he looks at you." 

"How does he look at me?" You ask. You're just teasing Eddie, but some part of you is curious. 

"Like he has a crush on you." 

"Ed's are you jealous of him?" You ask. You've never seen him like this, it's kind of cute. 

He doesn't say anything, just looks ahead and pouts.