Chapter Fifteen

(CW) This chapter contains themes and recounts instances of sexual abuse, assault, and attempted rape. If someone you know and love is experiencing sexual and/or domestic assault, please call (800)656-4673 for help at the National Sexual Assault Hotline.

Considering he was your ride and you didn't know his last class, you headed to Eddie's van after the final bell rang. The parking lot was flooded with other students and you caught a few of them staring at you. You just kept your head down and picked at some already chipped nail polish. Staring at your previously perfectly manicured hands, you realize just how different you've become in the last week or so. How drastically changed everything is, the only stabilizer being your hatetred for Nick, and your affection for Eddie.

Distracted by your thoughts, you just barely hear footsteps fast approaching the van. Thinking it's Eddie, you turn expectantly, only to be met with a hard, stinging slap that throws you to the ground.

"It hasn't been a week since we split and you're shacking up with The Freak?!" Nick yells. His face is red with burning rage and what could be, under different circumstances, betrayal.

You don't say anything, holding a hand up to your cheek where you're certain there's a red mark forming. Nick crouches down and hits you again, upside the head. With the added pain of him hitting your fresh piercing, it takes all you have not to cry.

"What," He yells again "Got nothing to say?" He stands up and kicks your curled form "Fucking slut! I should have fucking known you'd turn out a fucking freak too!"

There's nothing you can do, you feel so helpless. Nick seems to have this way of making you feel small, before now, before he tried to rape you. He always made you feel so, so small. You lay there and take his beratement, doing nothing because what can you do?

Through your own thoughts and tears, you hear Nick yell once more, but not at you "What the fuck!"

Not bothering to look up, you hear blows landing and groans. Whoever's come to your aid didn't make small talk before fighting Nick.

After a while, you hear "Hold him up."

Eddie

Eddie came to save you from Nick again. And something deep within you said this would be the last time Nick'd even look at you. He's asked a third party to hold up Nick or to make sure he didn't run, you weren't sure. It was most likely someone from the DnD club, though.

Eddie rushes over to you and holds you up, checking for bruises and cuts. There was a good-sized bruise on your cheek and your nose was bleeding, but other than that you were mostly fine. You would later find a slightly bleeding bruise bigger than your hand blooming across your ribcage.

"Can you stand?" He asks gingerly, making sure to handle you gently, unsure of what injuries might lie beneath your clothes.

You nod and stand, relying heavily on Ed and his van for stability. Once standing, you begin crying again, but not out of pain or sadness. Out of pure, primal rage. You look from Eddie to a bruised and still-kicking Nick, being held in place by a larger member of the Hellfire club.

You walked towards him, towards your abuser, ready to put everything he's ever down to you on front street.

Strangely empowered by the surrounding student body, you start "Nick Smith, you are by far the lowliest, dirtiest, and fucking worse person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. I never, ever liked you. I put up with you because I thought I owed it to this school and to my peers to date you. Star basketball player and cheer captain, that's how it always goes, isn't it?"

Now, you're cold and calculating. The tears falling down your face and the blood running from your nose hold no effect on you as you inch closer and closer to the scum bag.

You turn to the student body, holding that some AV member might be filming or that police might be on their way "He repeatedly asked sexual favors of me and berated me when I refused, he demanded my time whether or not I had plans. He would use me and treat me like I didn't exist in the halls, half of you probably had no idea we were even "together"."

You turn to Eddie, now the only witness for that night in the parking lot "He attempted to rape me in the student parking lot almost a week ago after I refused to blow him." The crowd gasps at the announcement.

You continue, describing the event and how it truly happened, not how Nick most likely has been accounting it to his friends. When you finish your story, the crowd is silent, waiting for more, but there is none.

Now, you're inches away from his face "Nick, I have lived in fear since that night and it's all your fault." You gesture to your dyed hair and changed your appearance "This is so I wouldn't have to live as the girl you assaulted time and time again."

Looking behind him and at the guy holding him in place, you simply say "Duck." As you reel back and punch Nick in the face so hard his nose breaks.

The DnD guy holding him lets go, allowing him to fall to the ground with a satisfying thud.

He's rolling back and forth, clutching his broken nose "You bitch! You fucking bitch! You're fucking lying you couldn't pay me to fuck you!"

You kick him in the gut hard. Smiling to yourself and your heavy boots that defiantly doubled the damage you would've done in sneakers.

You squat down to his level, not making eye contact, and whisper "If you try and sue me, or get me expelled, I'll have the cops on your ass faster than you can say pervert. And I have witnesses." and ruffle his hair before standing up and walking to Eddie.

You hug him and he says nothing, only wrapping his arms around you in return, staring at Nick's crumpled form.

"I think I'm ready to go home." Is all you say, keeping your head buried in Ed's chest.

He kisses the top of your head "Good idea."

He signals to the DnD guy and some other members that must've been lingering around and they start shooing the crowd from Eddie's car "All right people, come one let's move it!"

You crawl into the passenger side of the car and Eddie zooms out of the parking lot, towards the trailer park.