Chapter Seven

A/N * F/I = First Initial,  L/I = Last Initial

Shit! As you took Eddie's clothes out of the dryer, you noticed that his Hellfire shirt shrunk about 2 sizes. As you packed up his jackets, you figured the best course of action for his shirt was asking around and seeing if there's a way to stretch it. But for now, it'd have to wait. You were exhausted from the bike ride home and still thinking about your earlier conversation with Steve and Robin. 

When you got to your room upstairs you threw the shirt over your desk chair and went to sleep. 

-~-~-The Following Monday-~-~-

You woke up extremely late, like, might-miss-first-period-even-if-you-left-this-very-moment late. Half asleep, you throw on the closest pair of pants, a jacket, and a clean shirt and bolt out the door. You're gone so fast, you don't hear what your mom yells as you pass her.

When you get to school, there are plenty of people staring at you but that's already pretty normal. Thankfully, you didn't miss any classes. 

At lunch, you go to the guidance office and walk up to the front desk "Hi, can I have the locker number for Eddie Munson?" 

You're well known and trusted by teachers and staff so you aren't questioned heavily. Just a "Why?" and "You know he was held back?" 

You reply and thank the secretary, leaving in search of locker 147. 

Once you find it you pull out a notebook and a pink glittery pen, scribbling "Clubhouse, 2:30 - F/I L/I 💗" And run off to actually get some lunch before you're out of time. 

You're so excited to see Eddie, time seems to move in slow motion. Seconds take hours and minutes feel like a lifetime. 

When the final bell rings, you're the first person out of the room, making a beeline for the clubhouse. You look at your watch once you get there and see it's only 2:20. 

Trying to kill some time, you walk around the DnD room, looking at all the hand-painted minis and notes from old campaigns. When you actually start to understand some of the game, it seems pretty cool. Some time passes as you continue to browse the impressive collection, taking it all in. 

Eddie might look scary, but he's just a huge, shy nerd. The thought of him hunched over a notebook and dungeon master guide makes you laugh. 

A quiet "What's so funny, Princess?" makes you jump about two feet into the air. 

"Jesus Christ, Ed! You scared the hell out of me." 

He walks fully into the room from his previous position "Aw, I'm sorry. Here, let's kiss and make up." As he comes up and wraps you in a bear hug making fake kissing sounds. 

"Ed, come on! Let go of me!" You playfully try to wiggle out of his grasp, but to no avail. 

When he does let go of you, he looks you up and down quizzically "Is that my shirt?" 

You cock your head to the left slightly, making a confused noise. He just points down and raises his eyebrow. You look down, too, and "Shit!"

You pull the edge of the shirt outwards to get a better look at it "Sorry Ed, it shrunk in the wash. I meant to un-shrink it over the weekend but I forgot." 

He nods "Ok, well that doesn't exactly explain why you're wearing it." 

"I just grabbed a random shirt this morning, I woke up crazy late." You look around for your bag "Which reminds me, I have your jackets." 

You walk over to your backpack and pull out freshly cleaned denim and leather jackets 

You go back over to him, handing him the pile "By the way, this isn't real leather." 

He chuckles "Ooh, ouch." and puts a hand over his heart. 

You laugh along with him, but in the back of your mind, there's a burning scheme that's been plaguing you all weekend. 

As you go to sit on one of the countertops you start "Ed?" 

"Yeah? 

You pick at your thumbs "I have a really bizarre request." 

He comes over to you "What's wrong?" 

You put up your hands defensively "Nothings wrong, it's just weird." 

"Ok, then if you're sure." 

You take a deep breath "I was wondering if you might, maybe, want to pretend to be my boyfriend?" keeping your eyes clamped shut, unable to look at him. 

You thought that if he pretended to be your boyfriend, it would scare off all of Nick's friends. That, maybe, you would stop getting those notes in your locker. At the end of the day today, there was another onslaught of hate pouring from your locker. More than on Friday, you'd bet.

Eddie's silent for a long, long time until he speaks up. "Why?" 

You open your eyes but keep your head down. "I've been getting these notes in my locker, I thought that if you were my "boyfriend" it'd scare off the people leaving them." You explain as you pull out a couple of notes. 

He tasks them and, again, after what seems like a lifetime, he speaks "How old are you?" 

The question catches you off guard.  "Oh, um, 18. 19 in September." 

"Ok"

"Ok?" You finally look up.

"Ok, I'll do it." He walks close to you so that he's practically standing in between your legs. 

"Really?" 

"Really." 

This seems too good to be true. You throw your arms around his neck "Oh my god, thank you so much, Ed!"

He puts both arms around your waist and lifts you up off the counter "Anytime, princess." He says as he puts you down. 

You keep your hands clasped behind his neck as he keeps his hands on your hips, like two eighth grades at their first co-ed dance. 

You get up on your tip-toes to kiss his cheek, as a thank-you.

He grazes the spot with his fingers, turning red "What was that for?" 

You just stare into his eyes and let go of your hands "Thank you." 

"If that's the thank-you I get, I'll have to do you more favors." 

You laugh "Yes, yes you will." 

As always he asks if you need a ride and you say you do, even if you don't. 

In the car, he passes the turn to your house. You look back through the window and then at him "Ed? where are we going?" 

He looks at you with a mischievous glint in his eyes "Well since now you're my fake girlfriend, you're going to need a make-over to fit the Munson brand, my treat." 

You relax in the seat. 

Hey, who are you to refuse a free shopping spree?

The two of you ride off in the direction of the Starcourt Mall, ready to spend insane amounts of money.