Epilogue

You and Eddie had ups and downs while training as a detective. There was the argument of whose house you'd go to for holidays that year, when Ed wanted to put up an Iron Maiden poster directly above the headboard, and the great Coffee Incident of '87. 

But, as always it was nothing that an apology and kiss couldn't fix. (Except for the Coffee Incident, which ultimately banned you from eating anywhere that wasn't the table.). Eventually, Eddie found some time to save up and buy a tattoo gun, though he says he likes stick-n-poke better. You even let him practice on your legs and upper arms every now and then. 

You kept working at the IHOP until you finished your training when you came on to Hawkins PD as the youngest detective in recorded Hawkins history.

Everyone was so excited about your ceremony with all the other academy recruits. Powell and Hopper had pulled some strings to ensure you'd come to work in Hawkins. They also did everything they could to ensure you and Callahan were parents. The two of you might be friends now, but you'd never stop teasing him and while he claimed he hated it, he secretly was glad the two of you became partners. 

But all of that news was shadowed by what Eddie brought to the ceremony. 

After the speech from your academy captain and the official assignments being announced, all the new officers had to walk single file down a set of stairs and come back out at a later time, after the food was set out. It was supposed to symbolize returning with a new sense of justice, but you thought it was stupid. 

You were the last to emerge into the food hall since you were the last to sign up for training. When you came out, Powell, Hop, and Callahan were lining the door you were coming out of. They each held something different. Powell had the blue uniform shirt you'd be wearing once you started at the station, Hopper had an old pink scrunchie around his wrist that he made sure was visible, and Callahan had Eddie's necklace also wrapped around his wrist and displayed proudly. 

You were confused and looked at all of them like they were crazy. 

Then, Hop leaned forward and said "Something old." 

Powell continued "Something blue," 

"Something borrowed," Callahan continued as you walked past them slowly. 

Then, at the end of the line, Eddie emerged in a suit and his hair pulled back. You'd never seen him wear so much as a button-down shirt, let alone a suit, and it wasn't an unwelcome change. You were about to make a comment about it when you choked back your words. 

With tears in his eyes, Eddie got down on one knee and produced a small velvet box from his interior pocket. Voice-breaking, he said "Something new." He opened it to reveal a plain white gold engagement ring. 

Tears came to your eyes as you did your best to stay silent so he could say what he'd prepared.

"Y/N," He said after a sizable pause to collect his breath "I love you with all my heart and I want everyone to know. Will you marry me, and help me show up all these losers." He laughed as tears visibly ran down his face. 

You kneeled down in front of him and wiped away his tears while still crying yourself "Yes, of course, I will. But only to prove a point to these guys." You said while pointing back at the men stilled lined up behind you. 

He laughed and stood up, taking you with him. He placed the ring on your finger and kissed you to seal the deal. 

"I'll get you a better one before the actual wedding, I promise." He said.

"No," You replied "This one's perfect, Eddie." 

"You should have better."

"I don't want better, Eds. I just want to be married to you." 

After lots of convincing, he decided that he would just let you keep the plain gold one. You also managed to convince him to wear an engagement ring as well. 

"It's not fair that the whole town doesn't know you're mine." You said with a pout on your face. 

"Then you just have to get me the flashiest ring they have to offer." 

"I guess I do." 

Later, back at your apartment, Eddie asked "Should we tell your parents." 

You thought about it for a minute "Not yet, for tonight I just want it to be us." 

"Us and half the force." He corrected.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes playfully. 

When the two of you were getting comfortable in bed, Eddie picked up your hand and admired the ring. 

"We're really getting married, huh?" He said with love.

"We really are." You replied, yawning. 

He stared at the ceiling and smiled, he felt as though he'd never felt true happiness until this moment. 

*Four Months Later, Wedding Time*

Eddie didn't have a huge circle of friends, and he didn't want to invite his parents, so you both landed on a small wedding with only a few invites on each side. In total there were many twenty guests. 

You didn't have a bachelorette party, much to Robin's disappointment, but you did commandeer Callahan's house for a sleepover with the bridesmaids the night before the wedding. You and he had quickly become close friends, even venturing to spend some time together outside of work. He always complained at parties and other gatherings that everyone else was children and that he was nearly thirty. 

"Hey," You always respond "You could always play cards with Powell and Hop." 

He'd shudder at the thought and quit complaining for that night. 

When the station found out he'd be a part of your bridal party, multiple people said they'd pay you good money to make him wear a dress. Others hollered about him outshining the bride. One or two even clapped him on the back and said something along the lines of "Ultimate friend zone." 

You didn't get him to wear a dress, but you did get him a vest that matched the dresses and made him wear a flower from your bouquet in his hair, as your other bridesmaids wore them on the straps of their dresses. 

Eddie had Steve and Dustin Hendersen by his side as you were wed. Next to you were Callahan, Robin, and Nancy. You felt bad about having one more member than Eddie, but he insisted that It was ok. At the wedding, you surprised him with your little brother in a groom's men's suit to stand next to him. 

Your sister was upset that she wasn't a bridesmaid but you assured her that flower girl/ring bearer was just s important if not more so. At that revelation, she bullied her twin brother and didn't hold back. 

It was a beautiful wedding outside the local church. Your parents wanted you to be married in it, and Eddie wanted to get married in its cemetery, so you found a happy middle. Outside the church, married by its priest but in view of the graveyard. 

At the reception, Eddie and Corroded Coffin played for a while until you set up a mixtape you'd made to surprise him. It was an unconventional wedding, to say the least, but it was yours, and you couldn't have been happier. 

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
            -Billy Crystal, "When Harry Met Sally"