Chapter Sixteen

As Eddie drove towards the trailer park, you had only one thought coursing through your head. 

I'm going to be suspended.

You know that there are bigger things to worry about, that there could be legal implications surrounding the fight today since everyone involved was a legal adult, especially Eddie. A twenty-year-old fighting an eighteen-year-old probably wouldn't look great on any track record, no matter what the circumstances were. 

There's also what your parents will say about your new appearance, you still hadn't seen them since you changed it up. They weren't strict, they were pretty easygoing when it came to what you did to your body, but the "Satan Worship" piercings might be a step too far. 

Before you knew it, you were turning into the park and up to Eddie's trailer. As he always did, he got out first and came over to open your door in a mocking prince stance. This time though, you stayed buckled in and stationary in your seat, too absorbed in your thoughts and worries to move. 

"Y/N?" He beckons.

Still, you don't move, "What's going to happen?" You ask. 

Eddie stays there and really thinks about it, leaning against the door frame of his van "I don't know." He responds earnestly "I think best case scenario we get a weeks suspension." 

"And worse case?" 

He sighs, running a hand over the back of his neck "Expelled, maybe? I don't think anything's going to happen with cops so there's that." 

You bury your head in your hands and mumble "My mom's going to kill me." under your breath. 

Ed leans over and undoes your seat belt, taking your hand afterward "Hey, no she's not. It's going to work itself out." 

Begrudgingly, you step out of the vehicle and allow Ed to lead you into the trailer. Over the last two days, its scent has become familiar and comforting. It smelled slightly of weed and cigarettes, coffee, cologne, and must too. It wasn't the most pleasant of combinations, but it was familiar and known. 

Once inside, you both sat down on the couch, your head resting on Eddie's shoulder, and both of you closed your eyes. 

Halfway to sleep, you grumble "I should call someone, let them know where I am." 

He yawns "Yeah, probably." 

Stiffly you get up. You've never hit or been hit before this day and, while it was grilling, cheer practice never took this big a toll on you. Stretching out your limbs you make your way over to the phone and dial your father's number. Your mom was defiantly still working, but there was a chance your dad was home already. He worked weird hours and if you were remembering correctly he was off early today. 

Waiting for him to pick up, you take the phone with you back to the couch, thankful that it reaches with minimal resistance. 

He picks up on the second to last ring and groggliy answers "Hello?" 

"Hey daddy," You muster as much cheer in your voice as possible. "So, a thing happened at school today." 

He's more aware and alert now "What happened? Are you ok?" 

Not wanting to lie to him, you answer "I will be." 

"What does that mean?"

"There was a fight, I got hit a few times." 

You can hear him shuffling around the living room hurriedly over the receiver "WHere are you? I'm coming to get you right now." 

"No!" you defend.