004. Flower Girls

Part One / Chapter Four

Clothes was certainly Yurina's strong suit (and she loved suits) and she made sure to dress for the occasion. Kind of.

It was possible they'd be in the verge of taking out Russian guards that could possibly kill her. A Janet Jackson top, jeans and pumps was stake out appropriate right? Shivering at the idea of running she changed the pumps into some converse, grabbing her purse and went to go leave the house until her wretched mother stopped her.

"Where are you headed? Today's your day off."

"The mall? Rebecca said she'd meet me at Gap." Yurina lied straight through her teeth.

"I want you to straight home afterwards. No sinful rendezvous or meet ups. I mean it, Yurina. You know our deal. Behave or you are not welcomed in this house anymore."

Her hands balled into fists and she could feel her fingernails claw into her skin. A fake smile stretched along her face. "You don't need to worry. I'll be home right after."

Again, her mother stopped her. "Somethings off." Yurina didn't know what she was talking about, and just pushed past her to leave the house.

Michiko Sasaki watched her daughter get into her car and speed off, wondering about the lack of pink in her daughter clothes.

Scoops Ahoy was particularly buzzing that day. Families, friends and other workers from the mall sat with sundaes and cones in hand. Yurina's mood perked up when she saw Robin at the counter. A boy sitting with his buddies at the table, watched Yurina enter the ice cream shop. He turned to say something to her, but Yurina stopped him before he could.

"Not interested."

He slumped back in his seat and Robin stifled back a chuckle. "It's like you have a sixth sense or something."

"I can see from the back of my head." The Sasaki girl eyes her surroundings and leaned toward Robin. "Operation Find the Russian meeting in the back?"

Robin sheepishly nods at her and opens the door for her to enter to the back room of the store. Dustin and Steve were waiting up for the two girls and the younger boy immediately got into action about his morning Russian stake out when they sat down.

"He used a keycard that keycard opens the door, but unfortunately the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun."

The older teens sat back on the table and just listened to him speak. Robin playing with her ice cream scooper, Yurina putting an extra coat of nail polish on her fingers and Steve spinning his hat on his finger. Dustin continued to talk about the Russians in Hawkins.