008. The Trouble Trio

Part One / Chapter Eight

The voice rang in Yurina's ears, sending a sharp ache to her temples. Between being drowning, slammed against the floors and stairs, whoever was yelling at the top of their lungs was making the pounding in her head unbearable to deal with. She opened her eyes, to her left it was Steve with his head hanging and blood staining the sides of his face. She tried to turn to the right, but all she could get a glimpse of was Robin's short hair.

"Hey, would you stop yelling?" Steve said croakily, Robin's unsuccessful attempts at calling for help snapping him back into consciousness.

"Please stop." Yurina coughed. Being able to breathe stung, but she was glad it was air and not ice water.

Robin gasped, cranking her neck backwards to try and see them. "Guys, oh my god! Are—are you two okay?"

"My ears are ringing, and I can't really breathe, my eye feels like it's about to pop out of my skull, but, you know, apart from that, I'm doing pretty good."

"Everything's blurry, I can't stop coughing up water and it's like I just got stabbed in the chest forty-seven times. Nothing like being nearly drowned by Russian soldiers."

It was funny that they could still joke about this. Nearly being killed by Russians wasn't something that was necessarily a laughing matter. Steve looked over to Yurina. "They try to kill you too?"

"Brutally." Yurina tried not to laugh because then the stabbing pain in her ribs would just keep getting worse.

"Well, the good news is that they're calling you guys a doctor." Robin chuckled, Yurina knew that meant they weren't calling them a doctor and it was a matter of time before they came back. Maybe this time to try and finish the job.

"Is this his place of work? I love the vibe." Steve jested, a time where they should be horrified turned into Robin and Yurina laughing at his quips. "Charming."

"Yeah, tell me about it? So, okay, do you see that table over there to your right?" Robin stated, Yurina and Steve both turned left. "No, your other right." They turned to their actual right listening to the rest of Robin's plan. "Yeah, okay, and do you see those scissors?"

"Yeah." Yurina answered.

"Uh-huh." Steve said.

"Yeah, well, I think that if we move at the same time, we could get over there, and then maybe I could kick the table and knock them onto Steve's lap."

"And I can cut the binds." Steve pieced plan together.

"And we can get the hell out of here." Yurina celebrated. After everything she'd been through, you'd think every ounce of hope would evaporate. To her, any plan they could come up with in these circumstances was a good plan, even a plausible one that could potentially work.