014. Forgive it or Forget it

Part Two / Chapter Fourteen

Yurina hadn't gotten a blink of sleep.

The memory of Chrissy inside Eddie Munson's trailer with the intention of buying drugs left her tossing and turning until the sun rose. Should she have fled like that so easily? How could the coward in her manifest that quickly in that situation? What was the point of building up her 'courage' last summer if she was just going to be a wimp again?

Chrissy was one of her own. Like the daughter she wished to have one day, the sister she never had, the friend she always needed. Chrissy Cunningham was more than what people thought about her and Yurina saw through that. They told each other everything, even the parts of them no one else knew.

"John Travolta is seriously. . . outrageously handsome."

Yurina turned her head away from the television and toward Chrissy. "Is he your type?"

"Oh definitely. Specifically Danny Zuko." The blonde-haired girl giggled as she pointed to the motion picture in front of them playing 'Grease'.

"Really? Jason is. . . nothing like Danny."

"They have some similar qualities." Chrissy argued.

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Well, they're both popular, good with girls, big groups of guy friends—" Chrissy began listing every characteristic of all the asshole guy characters in movies. Yurina sighed. Chrissy pursed her lips when she'd realized she was listing the most mundane things about any jock in the states, sipping out from her vodka mixed- -with-juice to hide her embarrassed grin.

"Jason is the blandest person I've ever met, but I can tell he really likes you." Yurina shrugged, feeling the flashing lights from the television start to give her a headache. "I think that's enough Grease." Waving the remote over the sensor frantically until it finally shut off.

"You really think he likes me?" Chrissy's voice was softened to a low mumble.

"I know he does, and I can tell you like him. So, I say go for it. Highschool is full of experiences including this one. I can't tell you how it will be like but I can tell you who you can come and talk to about it." Yurina raised a finger to her face mouthing the words me, with a cheeky grin.

The rest of that evening was spent binge watching chick flicks to show Chrissy what not to expect in a relationship. Even though Yurina only said that to spook her a little, but she was half-telling her the truth about how relationships actually are. The sun peaking out over the trees stung Yurina's eyes. She rose out of bed attempting to rub the exhaust out of them.