018. Harvard Harrowing Scholars

Part Two / Chapter Eighteen

Nancy, Robin and Yurina sat around in the Wheeler's kitchen preparing a plan to question Viktor Creel, who was now officially, their main suspect.

"I figured we could walk in as a project group from Harvard," Nancy stated sliding two folders in Yurina and Robin's direction. Then she pulls out another paper of her own, typed in letter form to the instructor of the asylum. "This is our rec from Professor Brantley."

"I'm just warning you, I panic-lie when put on the spot, so if I start rambling don't say I didn't tell you anything." Yurina disclosed, opening her file. "Wait, my name is Keiko? That couldn't be more basic Japanese girl living in America who thinks she's white."

"Keiko Hashimoto is the niece of Aki Hashimoto, the head of the Psychology Department in Harvard. Maybe some nepotism will help us in our favor." Nancy pointed out in Yurina's file.

She nervously chuckled. "Oh, good to know."

"So we'll waltz in there, all Albert Einstein juniors to try and speak to Creel?" Robin summarized.

Nancy nodded gingerly. "Pretty much."

After informing the others about their plan, the girls rushed upstairs toward Nancy's bedrooom, quickly tailed by Steve who was arguing about being stuck with the younger teens. "Nancy, you're out of your mind if you think I'm babysitting again."

"First of all, they're not babies anymore, and Max is in real danger. She needs people around her." Nancy remonstrated, opening her closet and rummaging through all of her clothes.

Yurina sat down on Nancy's bed, laying down on her side to watch the bickering between Steve and Nancy. Robin, on the other hand, had begun to scan Nancy's room. "Oh my god, you have a Tom Cruise poster!" Robin spun back toward the Wheeler girl. "You have a Tom Cruise poster." She repeated amusingly.

"That's— that's old, it's just . . . " Nancy was distracted between arguing with Steve and then speaking to Robin, who had fallen down to her knees and continued excitedly scavenging her room. "Can you please not touch anything?"

Robin gave her a bemused smile and opened a drawer. Steve turned back to Nancy to protest his babysitting position. "I can't do anything here, Nance. Maybe I can be helpful with this asylum director dude. I don't know, I could like turn on my charm."

"Not the kind of charm we need." Nancy replied with a tight-lipped smile.

"Right, we need my kind of charm." Yurina winked. "Unfortunately for you, it's something you don't have."

"Ouch." Steve exhaled, feeling a slight sting from the light bruise on his ego.

Yurina grabbed one of Nancy's stuffed bears, holding it on her lap as she played with its arms. "No hard feelings, Harrington, but Nancy says this guy is like super important in this field. So, we need the best of the best to act the part."