007. Teen-Napped

Part One / Chapter Seven

"What the hell is a gate? Like a fence or something?"

Steve and Dustin tried defining it to the girls, but the more they tried to explain the more everything gets jumbled up in her head.

The explanation she was expecting was nothing like the one she received: Alternate Dimensions, Supernatural Creatures, and a girl with a number tattoo. After seeing this supposed gate, Yurina's mind had left reality because whatever they'd just seen was completely out of the ordinary.

She didn't even care, she just wanted to get the hell out of there. The already panicked atmosphere went from bad to horrible when Erica pointed out the missing Russian man from earlier.

The situation went from horrible to horrific when an alarm sounded, signaling every single soldier of their presence in their facility. Steve opened the door to a gang of soldiers charging toward them.

"Go! Go! Go!" Steve shouted at them. He didn't have to tell Yurina twice, she booked it back toward a different entrance. They pushed past other Russian workers and wound up at a grate closer to the machinery they'd seen not too long ago.

"Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" Dustin gasped for air, screeching endless profanities as they all stood motionless at the dead end they'd run into.

The Russian guards were trialing on them. Steve pointed at an alternative exit and they all clambered down, rushing to get to safety.

The level of adrenaline and shock coursing through Yurina's veins was at an astronomical amount, every time she'd twist an ankle running, the pain was numbed. Finally, they arrived at another room, that didn't look like it had any exit.

Erica tugged on a vent, pulling it out from the ground successfully. "C'mon let's go!"

Yurina immediately followed but turned to see Steve and Robin struggling to keep the Russian guards from entering. She wanted to leave. She wanted to leave so bad, but this wouldn't be right. To leave Steve and Robin here was an example of how big of a coward she was.

Dustin followed Erica inside the vent, looking at Yurina in front of him, then Steve and Robin pushed up against the door. "Come on!"

Yurina put her handbag over Dustin's neck. "Keep her safe or I'll personally snap your neck in half. Get someplace safe and call for help."

She rushed over to Steve and Robin, pressing herself up against the door. Her feet slid from under her as she tried her best to push all of her body weight against the door.

"Go, come on, now!" Dustin shouted at them.

"No! Just go get some help, okay?!" Steve looked at Dustin who was still standing at the vent. "What are you doing?!"