006. Walkway to Moscow

Part One / Chapter Six

Yurina had a growing hatred for the color pink. However that's how she found herself when her eyes fluttered open.

Pink dress.

Pink room.

There was pink everything when Yurina's eyes adjusted to her surroundings. Even the bed she slept on was dressed in pink sheets, comforter, and pillowcases. She sat up and scanned the monochromatic bedroom she was in, it wasn't until a nurse came in with a cup of medication that Yurina remembered where she was.

She was at Millrose. Her conversion camp.

"Time for your pills, Yurina." The nurse widely grinned.

Uncomfortable and confused, Yurina took them. The next second, she was sitting inside a classroom that was a mixture of pink and blue. Now, there were other students inside sitting at their desks. Perfect posture. Solid colored clothes. Just staring ahead at the teacher in the front of the classroom. It seemed as if Yurina was the only one looking around.

"Yurina!"

She shot her head back toward the front of the classroom but the teacher was already standing over her.

"What verse were we just going over?"

"I— I don't know." She stammered, her eyes trailing from the teacher to the classroom around her that began to slowly spin inside her head.

A sharp sting hit Yurina on the right side of her face. The teacher took the ruler she just used to slap Yurina and turned he head back towards her.

"Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness, no one will see the Lord."

Yurina looked back to the students and right beside her was Cedric in his full blue uniform, just like the ones they'd been forced to wear last summer.

"Cedric!" She was relieved to have someone here with her. Unbeknownst to whether it was a dream or not, his presence always made Yurina calm. Especially when they were at Millrose. "What's going on? I don't know if I'm going insane or if this is actually happening."

Cedric didn't say anything, but he turned toward her in one rigid motion, and he pointed at her. "Sinner."

Two by two, different classmates turned and pointed as they all began chanting the word at her. Standing up one by one they cornered her around her desk causing her to fall out of her seat and scramble to the wall. She closed her eyes to avoid their accusing ones, covering her ears to drown out the sound of that word.

And when she opened them again, she was back in that elevator.

"Morning," said Robin as Yurina lifted her head from her shoulder. She didn't remember even falling asleep on her and the idea of it made her cheeks rosy. "Sleep well?"