017. The Stone Cold Truth

Part Two / Chapter Seventeen

Robin couldn't believe this supernatural-paranormal shit was making a comeback after all this time.

Delivering groceries to Eddie Munson who was now a suspected criminal in the murder of Chrissy Cunningham wasn't the way she pictured her spring break going. Much less talking about an all-powerful being that was most likely the responsibility of her death. She envisioned herself working all day, then popping open a Coke in front of the TV whilst occasionally looking at the phone waiting for Yurina's call (or to call her, which she'd never bring herself to do) once she got back home, then repeating the cycle. Boring and some some would say lame, but at least she was safe. If any of this turned out like it did last year, she wasn't sure she was ready for the expected rocky ride of it all.

But now, she stood in the lake house of Eddie Munson's uncle, listening to Dustin hash out their incredibly unhinged plan to prove his innocence. It consisted of three things: Find Vecna (the all-powerful being from another dimension), kill him (which they don't know how to do just yet) and then proving Eddie's innocence (which will TOTALLY be taken well with the people of Hawkins).

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?"

Eddie's unenthusiastic response made complete sense to Robin. It was a terrible plan, but better than nothing, right?

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." Dustin affirmed.

"Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before." She began. "I mean, they have a. . . a few times, and. . . and I have once," She explained the significant differences between the two, but immediately went back on topic when Eddie's expression went from fear to confusion. "But bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this."

"We usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so. . ." Steve added.

Robin maintained. "So were technically in more of the—"

"Kinda. . ." Steve tried to contemplate.

"Brainstorming phase." Max finished, earning satisfied reactions from Steve and Robin.

"There's . . . there's nothing to worry about." Dustin spluttered, ultimately, making Eddie a lot more nervous.

The conversation was interrupted with the distant sound of police sirens. Everyone's eyes fell onto the fugitive teen sitting in the boat.

"Tarp. Tarp." Eddie threw the plastic over his body, whilst they ran towards the window watching as multiple police cars raced down the highway.

A part of the road was sectioned off once they'd arrived at the scene. Reporters crowded on one side of the barricades, flashing cameras taking photos of the body underneath the sheet and a jumble of voices requesting information from the police.