011 The Battle at Starcourt: Part Two

Part One / Chapter Eleven

Yurina followed Steve down the hill towards the car If they had a chance of getting them out of there alive, the ones on the outside could possibly make that happen.

Although all of her escape plans were hypothetical and the death plans were all realistic, the hope was still there . . . (hopefully). Steve's voice yanked Yurina out of her thoughts.

"You guys may wanna hold on," He precautioned as sped into the parking lot at another incoming car, speeding right toward Nancy. Yurina held onto the back of Robin and Steve's seats. The impact was intense, sending Yurina's rocking roughly back and forth and the back of her head smacking the windowpane of the car.

They finished spinning out. Billy Hargrove's car was totaled and the hood had caught on fire. "You guys okay?" Steve asked as they all panted trying their best to recover from the impact of the crash.

"Ask me tomorrow?" Robin stated.

"I can't take getting hit in the head anymore." Yurina groaned, holding the side of her head. "Holy shit." There it was. The Mind Layer, no, Mind Flayer. It's long, grimy limbs burrowing into the roof of the mall and toward them, screeching.

The car carrying everyone else pulled up beside them with a screech. "Get in!" Nancy shouted from the passengers seat. They all hopped out and into the trunk of the car, and for the first time ever, when Yurina was a blink away from any form of safety— she hesitated because she noticed the absence of three of the kids.

"Where's El, Max and Mike?" She asked.

"Just get inside, Yurina! We're going to drive it away from the mall!"

Yurina reluctantly entered the car shutting the door just as the Mind Flayer flung on of its tentacles at them. No one in the vehicle could speak. There was a possibility that nobody wanted to speak as they watched the creature chase after them, its devastating screeches penetrating Yurina's eardrums. Then, the walkie talkie in Robin's hands crackled. Dustin's voice and another girls voice sounded through its speakers. Steve and Robin looked up at each other, "Suzie."

"Who—who's Suzie?" Yurina didn't know whether she should look at the monster feet away from them or the inordinate amount of 'Dusty-buns' and 'Suzie-poos' coming from the walkie talkie.

"Dustin's girlfriend. Who I was sure was fake, y'know, hotter than Phoebe Cates? I still don't believe that part." Steve answered, engrossed in the conversation between Dustin and Suzie through the talkie.

"That is adorable, but there's no way. I do not believe anyones hotter than Phoebe Cates." Yurina stated, earning a high five from Steve.

"Turn around. Look at what you see..."

Their heads all craned down to the talkie.

"In her face. The mirror of your dreams..."