The Midesene War Saga-Easy: 6.4

Jackey, Aaron, and Michael went with Lonnie to greet Saturna and found that Lonnie was right in saying that he wanted a truce

Lonnie told the citizens that everything was alright and that there was nothing to fear. Per the request of Lonnie, Moritz materialized a giant soundproof tent with a PA system attached for her and Saturna. Then, Lonnie said, "Michael, may I please use your phone. I will give it a strong connection with the PA system in this tent."

And Michael gave her his phone without hesitation. She waved her hand across it and gave it back to Michael.

"Now you can listen to our conversation," said Lonnie. "Now, JAM, go back to my building and listen.

And they did.

Then, Lonnie turned to the citizens and said, "Alright, all of you. I will talk with Saturna alone."

And they went inside the tent.

They sat down and looked at each other, knowing full well of what they had to do.

"So, you want to help all of the men of the world?" Lonnie speculated. "You would betray your own kind for us?"

"I would," Saturna affirmed. "Eating men's hearts used to be swell and all and I always picked my teeth when I was finished with it. And yet..."

"You've lost your appetite," Lonnie sneered. "It's no longer as fun as you think it is, is it?"

"Dammit, it's more than that, I tell you!" Saturna bellowed silently.

Lonnie leaned her head to the side and smiled.

"Michael's rubbed off on you."

"He's all I can think about," Saturna grumbled. "It's all I can do not to cut out his heart and eat it! He's so pungent. He has such a good heart that I bet it's delicious! His sacrifice, though. He gave himself up to Zeta. The Wyvern's energy's been sent to us Midesenes and now the men of the world are gradually getting more protected by Michael's energy. You know that there is no doubt that I want nothing more than to make a fine meal out of Michael's heart for what he's done."

"There's a "but," isn't there?" Lonnie speculated.

"Yes, you can feel it, can't you?" Saturna spat. "Michael's energy has struck me the most. Despite his protection placed on specific men in the world from us, we still hunt for the hearts of men. Except for me. Michael did more than protect. A piece of himself that was within Zeta was freed and sent to the Midesene who would be the most redeemable. Michael unintentionally gave me his heart but I didn't need to eat it. Our hearts were connected through the spirit. Now, all I want to do is recant. I destroyed the monsters I created for this purpose. The monsters I made were called Thunderers. They were supposed to calcify the hearts of men so that when they cut them out and I cooked them, the hearts would be crunchy when I ate them. I liked men's hearts crunchy almost as much as most humans like their chicken crunchy."