Children of Lightning

And now I present to you the final installment of this tale of the Halloweeners, the Sovereign Holmidae, and Jackey, Aaron, and Michael all together

Enter the Queen of the Midesenes Kin-Fonias.

Fed up with Jackey, Aaron, and Michael's interference, she took matters into her own claws. Using the magic at her disposal, she opened the portal where the remains of Chaos's staff was and took them.

Then, she repaired it and with it in hand, pushed the trigger, and a blast of yellow lightning struck the floor.

Out of the sparks on the floor rose Chaos who had her eyes closed.

Then, as if the spirit had entered her for the first time, she opened her eyes in a flash and smiled with her disturbing mouth and teeth—even the ones on the retromolar trigones—and cackled so loudly, Jackey, Aaron, and Michael woke up gasping and in a cold sweat, as if they had seen it happen.

But they said softly in unison, in places far away from each other, "Chaos is back."

With a sigh and a twinge of terror, they cursed.

Suddenly, they felt a tingling sensation in their hands. They held the hands up to look at them.

They were generating bolts and flashes of electricity the color of their souls.

Yellow for Jackey, brown for Aaron, and for some strange reason, beige for Michael and not pink.

Luckily it was Saturday so that early morning at 7:35, Jackey, Aaron, and Michael rushed to Moritz City on the double.

They were each aware that they felt Chaos had come back but there was no need to say anything about it. They had remained silent the whole journey.

They arrived at Lonnie's building but she waiting for them there. She looked very troubled and distressed and was quivering all over.

Jackey, Aaron, and Michael knew at once that Lonnie knew of Chaos's return.

"This is bad!" Lonnie exclaimed. "Very bad! I've already told the news to the citizens of Moritz City. They've all confined themselves to their homes because I told them I couldn't lose more citizens to the next war until their offspring has grown up."

"I don't think we can afford to lose anyone," Jackey said, pop-eyed with distress. "Because of Kin-Fonias, the prophecy has to be fulfilled again. What're we gonna do?"

Lonnie sighed.

"You aren't going to do anything. Specifically you and Michael. Only Aaron. Meanwhile, the two of you will stall for time."

Jackey and Michael were perplexed.

"Why him?" Michael asked. "Why not all of us?"

"You'll know," Lonnie said softly. "Especially you, Aaron. I've spoken with your mother and it is time she told you something that wasn't said to you in a very long time."