the beginning

<i>The legend of the Goddess of the Nile... Passed down from generation to generation. Known to two royal families; the royal family who ruled the land and the secret royal family who lived near the Nile.</i>

Around this time, the Petrova family had a meeting. Max and Angela were listening to what was being said. The leader of their group was pacing back and forth.

"For many generations, we've heard the legend. I have a strong feeling that one of our daughters will be the Nile Princess. But, as for which one, I do not know," the leader said. Max and Angela were aware of this and knew that they had a son, but they wanted to eventually have more children than their son. As the leader went on to talk about how the Nile Princess should be, Max couldn't take it.

"You're saying that if the Nile Princess were to be, say my daughter should I ever have one, that she is not allowed to socialize and have friends!?" Max said, outraged.

The leader looked at him coldly. "What do you expect us to do if she would be your daughter? What would you do with her? Her identity has to be kept hidden and it would be best to for her to marry the future king so we can keep an alliance with the royal family of Egypt," the leader replied.

Max knew that it may very well be true but he wouldn't let someone tell his children what they should or shouldn't do. "I would keep her safe. My cousin owns a horse ranch in the Pharaohs Village and he is willing to sell it to me. She would be safe as no one would ever know she's the Nile Princess in the Pharaoh's village." Max said.
The leader took this under consideration and dismissed the meeting.

For two years, whenever a girl had been born in the village, it was checked to see what birthmark they had. Not a single one carried the water drop. Then, Angela and Max had twin girls. The leader approached them and he looked at Angela. "What are the girls' names?" the leader asked her.

Angela looked at him "Their names are Britt and Bre," Angela said.

The leader nodded and looked at the twin girls, seeing that one had a birthmark on her arm. <i>The mark of the Fire Dragon...</i> he thought and then noticed that he didn't see a birthmark on Britt's arms or shoulder. "Max, will you please pick this one up?" the leader asked him. Max agreed and walked over, carefully picking up Britt and held her close. The leader took a good look at her and noticed a mark on her back. <i>Could it be? The mark of the Nile Goddess?</i> the leader thought. Looking between Max and Angela, the leader knew that he would have to respect their wishes. "This one is the Nile Princess," the leader said.

Max and Angela looked at each other, knowing that their leader was holding Britt. "I'll make arrangements to get the horse ranch," Max said, handing Britt to Angela and left the room. The leader looked at Angela.
"Which one of your daughters is she?" the leader asked as Angela looked to the daughter she was holding.

"I think this one is Britt," Angela replied. The leader nodded and then, when Max returned, offered to let them take a few guards.

"They will never be near your daughters, and until the time is right, she will not be told who she is. But if she is the true Nile Princess, then when she is twelve, give her the Nile Amulet," the leader said, handing Angela three amulets. "I believe these will stay safe in your possession, and if I am right, two of them will go to your daughters." He said. Angela took the amulets and nodded. Shortly after, Max walked over and picked up Bre.

"Let's go Angela" Max said to her. Angela nodded and followed behind him. They each had individual horses and the guards helped them get on with their little ones. Aiden had come as one of the guards had informed him. He went with his parents to the horse ranch. When they arrived, Max's cousin walked out.

"Ah, cousin Max! It is so nice to see you," his cousin said as Max got off his horse

"As it is nice to see you, cousin Shawn." Max replied. They talked and it wasn't very much longer that a deal was made.

Aiden helped his parents get things arranged as Angela and Max set the girls down in the cribs they had with them. Angela looked at the amulets she had been given and remembered the words she was told. <i>He said twelve but she'll be six. In six years I can see if she really is.</i> Angela thought, knowing that she would have to prepare her daughters for what was to come.

<i>Two little infant girls each had a destiny ahead of them. But fate already has its chosen plan for the two girls.</i>