27

Chaewon exhaled harshly through her nose, jotting down notes in her small notebook she had stolen along with a few clothes with Jeno. "Stop stressing Chae, you're going to ace it. Trust me." Jisung's soft voice cut through the calm atmosphere.
He hated seeing her like this whenever exams were around the corner, locking herself up in her room doing nothing but revising. She even skipped meals just so she can get a perfect 100%.

"No Jisung I won't. I have to keep studying."
"Please eat, just anything." Sighing, Chaewon removed her glasses and took a small bite of the biscuit Jisung had given her. After a few minutes of silent eating, Jeno pulled a seat back and sat next to her. "Why are you guys so quiet?"
"Miss Chaewon here isn't eating. You know how she is during exam season."

Jeno eyed the girl carefully and noticed dark circles under her eyes as well as her skin being an unusual shade of pale. "Have you been sleeping well?"
"Not really. Maths is stressing me out and I think I'm going to fail."
The two boys didn't know what to do except watch her scribble stuff in her notebook.

"I'm gonna get some food, do you guys want anything?" Jeno shook his head No and Chaewon, well, just ignored him really. The pair engaged in a short conversation after Jisung left - Jeno receiving short answers here and there. His eyes fell over the busy girl next to him, the way her hair was tied into a messy but cute bun at the nape of her neck made her look even more beautiful.

As soon as Jisung came through the door, Jeno's head snapped up. Jisung accidentally stepped on his own shoe lace and tripped, hand on the table which made Chaewon's notes fly everywhere.
"No no no no." She mumbled to herself as she tried to grab them but it was no use. There was hot coffee spilt all over them yet she didn't care.
"Shit!" The girl burnt her finger and Jeno bolted out of his chair to help her, Jisung getting up from the floor.
"Chaewon move away it's okay."
"No it's not fucking okay!" Weeks and weeks of hard work, gone like that.

She felt her chest tightening by the second and her throat became dry. Her breaths were short and quick, she was having a panic attack. "My notes. Jeno, my notes." Chaewon pointed towards her discarded and ruined papers that were scattered across the library floor with her shaking finger. He pulled her into a hug, a hug he always wanted to have with her.

Her teeth took hostage of her lower lip as she tried to not cry on his shoulder. He whispered sweet words into her ear to calm her down, his hand on the back of her head. It felt warm and protective, as if nothing could hurt her because he was there. "It's going to be okay princess. Don't worry." His cool minty but sweet perfume made her relax a bit more.

Pulling away, Jeno tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and wiped her tears. "You okay now?"
She sniffled before nodding with a smile on her face. "Yeah I'm good. I have to rewrite my notes though."
They started into each other's eyes, hers filled with adoration. His orbs wouldn't move away from hers and felt like he was getting lost in them.
"Okay times up lovers let's go."