31

Saturday afternoon, the perfect time to relax according to Chaewon. She was at Bora's place and was contemplating whether to ask Jeno to hang out. She thought he only saw her as a friend, nothing more. "I don't know what to do Bora." She whined. The latter ignored her and continued to scroll through her phone.
"Bora!"
"What."
"I wanna go out with him but at the same time he might think I'm clingy but then again it's been like a week since-"
Bora shut her up by stuffing food into her mouth as she rolled her eyes.
"Just go out with him. Gosh you talk too much."

Jeno's head turned upwards towards Chaewon in shock. "And then?" He asked, intrigued in her story.
"Obviously I smashed her face in. Who did she think she is trying to steal my teddy."
The pair laughed before going to a park. "Let's play hide and seek."
A childhood favourite of hers. A smile crept up on her face before sprinting away.
"Hey that's not fair!"

"Chaewonnn." It's been 15 minutes and Chaewon was still not found, but was behind Jeno the whole time. He obviously knew but didn't want to ruin the fun atmosphere. Jeno quickly turned around and began tickling Chaewon.
"Found you!"
"Stop! Oh my god Jeno!" She squealed in between laughs.

It was a beautiful sight. The two having fun, smiles plastered on their faces and eyes gleaming with joy. She held her stomach and laughed until tears formed in her eyes. Jeno then decided to stop and watch her get up from the floor, helping her of course.
Chaewon threw the empty boba cups into the bin and linked arms with Jeno.
"Swings?"
"Swings."

The swings was a calm and place that felt like home for them in the park. It was right next to the towering trees, shading them. They rocked back and forth while silence comforted them in a weird way. "Thank you, Jeno."
He looked up to meet her gaze. "What for?"
"Being there for me, spending a lot of time with me. I know I have Bora but it's different with you. I've known you since we were kids. Just, thanks."
He sensed her voice becoming wobbly and how she sniffled here and there.
"Chae.." He felt, upset for her. He wanted to hug her, to tell her he'll always be there for her

Jeno didn't waste any time to get up and pull the girl in for a heartwarming hug. She flung her arms around his waist, squeezing him. It just randomly hit her, Jeno was always there for her. They cherished each other's presence for a while. That was enough for them.
Her eyes travelled up to his face, her fingers brushing his soft hair away from his face.
"God you're so pretty." She mumbled, praying he didn't hear it but he did. He just acted like he didn't.
"Let's go home, hm?"

In my dreams you love me back
-Red Velvet

Authors note:
Eid Mubarak!! Yes I'm Muslim lol hope u guys had a great day.
Sorry for disappearing, couldn't rlly get my phone for some time but I'm back
The break was very much needed tho ngl
Wrote this while listing to In my dreams by red velvet and Ghosting by TXT (great songs btw) and it rlly set the mood
Also idk what to do after this chap
-dana🤍