44

Days had gone by and the two were talking regularly, also meeting up outside of school. They didn't feel the need to rush things and it was all going smoothly. It was a Friday evening when Chaewon and Jeno were walking in the park. The sun was setting and it was peaceful.

"I'd never thought you'd like me back you know." Jeno raised a brow and turned to look at the girl while walking. "Really?" He questioned.
"Mhm. You were constantly surrounded by girls who just looked...better than me. And you  didn't seem to be interested in me, you know? That's why I was so hesitant on confessing but that day I was pretty angry by how clueless you were." She let out a chuckle followed by a small smile as she kicked some stones under her feet.
Jeno nodded while gesturing her to continue, he never thought she'd compare herself to the girls he used to date, well, sleep with.

"Bora would always push me to confess or drop hints but I couldn't. I thought you'd only see me as a friend and nothing more. It kinda hurt to be honest, thinking that my crush of many years wouldn't like me back," She turned to quickly look at him before continuing. "But you did. When did you start to like me?"
Jeno cleared his throat awkwardly. He wasn't used to talking about his feelings.

"Honestly I really don't know. I think it's when we started to actually spend time together. I missed you but I thought it'd be awkward if I spoke to you again, if that makes sense. I'm sorry for not realising you liked me sooner."
Chaewon had stopped walking and fully turned to look at him. "Why'd you stop walking?"
"Oh uh nothing." She flashed him a quick smile before sliding her arm around his and continued walking.

A few minutes went by, conversation flowing comfortably between them. "Wony, can I um ask you something?" The said girl nodded and smiled at him to ease his nerves.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"
Jeno slowly looked up as his eyes met hers. She was smiling, grinning ear to ear. Before he could utter another word, she had jumped on him and engulfed him into a tight hug.
"Yes yes yes! Yes I'll be your girlfriend." Jeno's arms wrapped around her waist - his signature eye smile on display as he buried his face into the crook of her neck. They stayed like that for a few moments. It all felt like a dream for Chaewon. The boy, well man now, she had loved for years is asking her to be his girlfriend.  Is this real? It's official! Oh my god wait till I tell Bora. He smells good-

Jeno pulled away, hands still at her waist. They both stared into each others eyes, pools of love swimming in them. Chaewon couldn't look away. Usually she wasn't good with eye contact but with him it was different. It was as if she could look into his eyes 24/7. Butterflies went crazy in her stomach when his left hand reached up to cup her cheek. What's going on. Oh god. Are we about to kiss? I think we are. Oh my god Chaewon shut up.

Her mind went blank when he pressed his soft lips onto hers. They moulded perfectly with each other as they moved in sync. Her arms went around his neck as his hands rested at her hips, squeezing them slightly and pulling her closer. A quick gasp escaped her lips and Jeno used this as an opportunity to slide his tongue into her mouth. Heat creeped up onto her cheeks. Her, now, boyfriend began to take a few steps forward as she stumbled back, still kissing. Her back hit the wall and Jeno began to move his lips down her neck. He placed small wet kisses onto her neck before moving to her collarbone. "J-jeno. We can't, not here." Breathing heavily, she put her hands onto his chest to push him back gently.

He stood up straight and smiled shyly as he hugged her. "Sorry if I went a bit too fast for you."
"It's okay. It's getting late I think I should go home."
"Want me to walk you?"
Smiling with a nod, Chaewon put her hand into his outstretched ones as they began to walk out of the park.

It seems like today it'll finally be just you and I
Oh, underneath the same light

Authors note:
New phone who this???? But omg I had to add the ANL lyrics literally one of my fav NCT dream songs
ALSO I FEEL LIKE IM BECOMING MORE JENO BIASED LIKE
Hyuck is my ult but Jeno wasn't rlly my bias yk
Hyuck book soon??? Also what's the thoughts on tangerine love w jisung, second book of this series
But tbh idk what to write yk like what would the trope be but it's okay
ALSO IM TRYING TO UPDATE MORE EVEN THO IM STRESSED W SM STUFF BUT ENJOYYYY
I wrote this very quickly so sorry if it seems rushed because it is😭😭😭
Also how am I gonna be 17 in a few months like😨😨😨